British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   migrant workers in care sector (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/migrant-workers-care-sector-783791/)

trying again Jan 9th 2013 9:05 pm

vocational assessors health and social care

I have nvq3 in health and social care, level 3 certificate in leadership and management and a1 assessors award. Has anybody been successful in getting in with this level of qualification

Sherlock Holmes Jan 9th 2013 11:58 pm

Re: vocational assessors health and social care

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :)

I can't answer your question but just wanted to say hi.

I've moved your thread into the immigration forum and hopefully someone will be along to help soon.

Enjoy B.E. :)

BEVS Jan 13th 2013 9:12 pm

Re: vocational assessors health and social care

Originally Posted by trying again (Post 10474117)
I have nvq3 in health and social care, level 3 certificate in leadership and management and a1 assessors award. Has anybody been successful in getting in with this level of qualification

An NVQ3 is a good level of qual. but it can also depend also on the actual occupation & underpinning work experience.

Please look HERE and come back to us on that.

trying again Jan 14th 2013 9:16 pm

migrant workers in care sector

I understand that many care companies in NZ recruit foreign staff to work in elderly care. Does anybody know what type of visa they obtain as I currently work in this field and am confused as to the best option.

BEVS Jan 15th 2013 7:33 pm

Re: migrant workers in care sector

Originally Posted by trying again (Post 10482948)
I understand that many care companies in NZ recruit foreign staff to work in elderly care. Does anybody know what type of visa they obtain as I currently work in this field and am confused as to the best option.

Where have you found this to be so please?
By that I mean have you been given the name of companies or recruitment agents?

It would be a temporary work visa . Job offer first. Then applying for the visa.

trying again Jan 15th 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Bevs, was from a report into elderly care in NZ found on the web which stated that many care homes employed foreign staff . Having looked at the skill level allocated to care workersa work visa looked unlikely.the only thing which has come to mind is if aged under 30 could be done on working holiday visa in which case I have no chance as far too old.

trying again Jan 15th 2013 8:36 pm

Hi again is on www.infonews.co.nz artical on immediate action needed on care workers wages on 28/5/12

BEVS Jan 17th 2013 1:38 am

direct link to the article

HHmm.

Sadly a high percentage of care workers are foreign workers coming to New Zealand to try to get a new start in a new country.
This confuses me at the moment.

An employer couldn't just employ a care worker from overseas . They would have to show there wasn't an NZ citizen or resident that could take up that work......... unless the employer was an NZIS accredited employer.

Also, the sorts of rubbish rates of play offered to care workers wouldn't be enough to satisfy NZIS that an overseas person could actually survive and settle in New Zealand.. if you see what I mean.

Do you have a management role?

trying again Jan 17th 2013 7:26 pm

At present I recruit staff, payroll, care planning, liasing care purchases and negotiate new clients, as well as assessing new staff upto Nvq level 3 .so is a management role but as always with a move would start again asdue to high turnover inthe industry promotion for good staff usually does not take long.

BEVS Jan 21st 2013 8:42 pm

My thought for you would be that you search for an NZ care/support home managerial role.
You could use what quals you have towards showing you were right for this work

Your current position would need to state you were management level.

I really don't think that coming into NZ as a 'care worker' would cut it with immigration.