Mid November EOI Selection

Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:45 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mid November EOI Selection

The first selection for November has already taken place on the 3rd and the next one is due soon. What are the odds of getting selected with 110 points, having 10 points bonus in work experience, and 10 points bonus in qualification. All for absolute skills shortage.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mid November EOI Selection

I would look back over the stats for the previous selections and how they scored.
It really is difficult to say. If your skill is in a shortage area or long term growth area then that's a good start.

I would read all there is on the NZI website and get a feel for what they are after, there is a ton of information on there.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:58 pm
Banned

Understandly a lot is on the site. But the patterns point to successful selections till the end of the year and back to very high point selections from January 2011.

Btw, what is the date they release the selections for the second EOI this November. Nothing yet and its already mid-november.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Selections happen every fortnight on a Wednesday. So last selection was yesterday , the 17th.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:50 am
Banned

thanks BEVS. i did not get selected in the 17th November one, but its only 11 days old for the submission of the EOI for me. so there is time. unfortunately, I hope its not a lost cause.

Does anyone have any idea based on the trends so far if there would be a major selection of 110 pointers with 10 bonus points for work experience in December 2010. I feel that that would be my last chance of selection for my case. Noone was selected for my case of points. I am sure there must be some predictability and someone can highlight when the best chance would be to be selected for the points scenario like myself.

I have also submitted my IQA (full) with Level 7 for a Computing/Information Systems degree, and have IELTS general test with band of 7.5 overall (7+ in every band). Surely, this must be of some use in a more favourable selection.

Thanks anyone for any tips.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
I would look back over the stats for the previous selections and how they scored.
It really is difficult to say. If your skill is in a shortage area or long term growth area then that's a good start.

I would read all there is on the NZI website and get a feel for what they are after, there is a ton of information on there.
Hey congrats for the selection.