Medicals back - will I get referred?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: London temporarily, Auckland...bah, who knows, maybe never
Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice
Default Medicals back - will I get referred?

Hi
We've just received our medicals back which we had done on Monday.
Fortunately, I checked them pretty thoroughly as the doc had totally failed to do the Hep C test which is clearly required on the form for me as I've had a transfusion a few years back - I was pretty annoyed by that as I pointed out the need for the extra test to him when he took my blood. Luckily, the lab still has the blood sample so I don't need to give another one but it does cause a small delay.

Anyway, although our results and x-rays are generally very good, my blood results have a few readings which are just the smallest fraction outside the norm - I'm slightly higher than normal on the red cell count and slightly lower than normal on cholesterol. Both only by 0.1 and the doc has signed them off as being ok and not indicating any problems. Is that likely to be good enough for the case officer or do you think it gets referred?

Everything else is normal and no history of illnesses.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals back - will I get referred?

My chlorestoral was 0.2 over and it was referred. Managed to get the panel doctor to write a letter saying I had no other symptoms and that it was just 'me'. Suggest you ask him nicely to do a letter to go with your paperwork. Good luck.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice

The panel doc has already written on the form that he figures the results are not indicative of any problems.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Whether you get referred or not appears to be rather hit or miss.

I've had two NZ immigration medical assessments:

The first was for an 18 month grandparents visa, my cholesterol was slightly over and I was sent back for further tests.
However, for my residents visa three years later I sat the same medical and had three readings which were slightly above the normal limit, including the cholesterol (higher than before by one point), for this medical though I was NOT referred.

Seemed odd to me as the grandparents visa does not carry rights to medical treatment in NZ whilst the residents visa does.

As I say, it seems hit and miss depending on your case officer or the doctor the records are referred to - in your case I suspect you'll eventually be fine whether it's referred or not.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

I suspect I will get referred as I imagine that the case officer, not being a medic, is probably supposed to refer anything that's not 100% standard. I agree that I don't expect it to be a problem in the long run, I just get impatient at things that will hold the process up. Just got to wait though!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Whether you get referred or not appears to be rather hit or miss.
I agree.

Given the various medical issues I had / have I was certain mine would get a referral. 3 months later with no furthur questions asked iv got a residence visa.

"no significant or abnormal findings" box was ticked on the medical form but the Dr had put a line through abnormal and it still wnent through fine.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:32 am
Just Joined

nzbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I just realised that my Dr. didn't request for Hepa C test for my residence visa application and I already submitted the medical to the immigration. What should I do?

I got also elevated LDL 0.2 higher that normal and I am quite worried about it.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:34 am
Just Joined

I admitted yesterday to ED for abdominal pain. Will it affect my residence application?
Old Jul 28th 2012, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nzbrit
I just realised that my Dr. didn't request for Hepa C test for my residence visa application and I already submitted the medical to the immigration. What should I do?

I got also elevated LDL 0.2 higher that normal and I am quite worried about it.
You only need a Hep C test if you've had a blood transfusion. I wouldn't imagine 0.2 is a serious problem unless it's combined with other things.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Medicals back - will I get referred?

okidoki! Does immigration has access to DHB patient files? I am worried because I was admitted to ED yesterday due to abdominal pain and they ran some tests and no abnormalities have been found. However, being admitted to a hospital is a negative thing for my residence app..
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:24 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

nope the medical is based on the day you saw the panel Dr. obviously if they had found something when you was admitted that needed on going care, where ever you are living, then it would be something to factor in as NZ does not have a NHS so you have to pay.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:28 am
Just Joined

ah..ok! thanks very much for the info.