Medical Declined!!!

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
lol

I didn't say carbs were rubbish, no need to twist what I've said to make you feel better about what you eat

Yes, I have 3 children, 2 of which are Twins
and your reply on the genetics point????
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:21 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

lol

I didn't say carbs were rubbish, no need to twist what I've said to make you feel better about what you eat

Yes, I have 3 children, 2 of which are Twins
and btw Im a size 12.... one of my babies was 5lb the other over 8lbs??? and a friend of mine a size 10 and had a baby weighing over 10 lbs...where do you get your information from?????

and btw me my husband and children can eat lots without putting weight on...so it has to do with genes....

mind you I have to watch my weight now im getting older...

your not one of these size 0 are you???? who dont eat, and I know some people find it harder to loose weight and some put it on and it is to do with there genes...:curse:
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm not a size 0, I'm a size 12, I eat a lot, as I love food, and at one point I was a size 18 and ate very little, then lost weight during both my pregnancies due to medical reasons, and have been a size 12 ever since, no matter what I eat.

I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to keep quoting baby weights !! They are not obese babies, I think some people have a scewed idea of what 'obese' actually is

Anyway, I have an opinion, just as anyone else on this forum, god forbid you may have a different one to everyone else one day, or they may be giving you the third degree about yours and asking you to explain yourself !!

And no, I won't go into my Genetics experience
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

emmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant future

Wow this is a scary post - I gave up smoking 2.5 years ago and have had a constant battle with my weight and put on 3 stone, my bmi is probably through the roof but if I do the paper weight and height thing Im only 32, which looking at myself I think is bull.

This really worries me that it would be down to my weight that we would not be able to get across to NZ.

Its good that it gives me additional incentive to really fight the fags (cos thats what this is, its still fighting the smoking pangs), but what if I dont get enough weight off before the medical?

Would they take into consideration the existing work that you have put in to lose it, and would you have to prove it through a personal trainer or something?

Blimey!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:29 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

No,

Anyway, I have an opinion, just as anyone else on this forum, god forbid you may have a different one to everyone else one day, or they may be giving you the third degree about yours and asking you to explain yourself !!

And no, I won't go into my Genetics experience
Well said Tara

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have some people who take severe umbridge at anything they don't agree with. We all have our own DIFFERENT life experiences and opinions based on them, if we disagree we should agree to disagree and not be personal or nasty.

Sorry think I started the baby weight bit

Keep on smiling Tara

Pauline

Last edited by howden40; Aug 11th 2008 at 4:30 pm. Reason: It's late or early
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hello

at times posting on here is akin to going to war as the opinions and firm beliefs of others can be quite severe. i know i have faults and admit to them but i try to help people when they ask for it, not to antogonise and demean others.

weight loss and record of it can be used to support any evidence you gather when submitting your ITA. any record be it from a medical proffesional or from a personal trainer is something us slightly rotund(fatties) should try and supply, so the answer in thisinstnace is more is good.

hope this helps
jim
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:41 pm

Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,
Totally lost heart now, applied for a medical wavier. Another waiting game now.
Hi Kags

Just read your post. My hubby was considered "obese" on his medical. We came on a tourist visa, he found work, got a 2 year work permit while the residency via Family Sponsership was being considered. After a couple of month we had a letter saying we were going to be declined due to weight and osteo arthritis that husband had and will need a knee replacement at some point. We argued that as we were already here and working and contributing $2,000 per month to the NZ economy that we would certainly not be a drain on the system and within the next 4 years (which is the length of time they used to say that within the next 4 years you will cost us ex amount of pounds etc) we would have paid around $96,000 towards NZ economy etc and it far outweighed the expected cost of say around $24,000 that they said we might cost them in health costs etc. It took a month or so to come back with a reply but it was that we were accepted without a medical waiver - go figure!!! I think we had 2 medical officers looking at our case - the first one was the one who was going to refuse and we said we wanted a second opinion and the second one decided to let us in!! Anyway, you should see some of the pacific islanders. Looking at a form the other day from my GP the weight ratio to BMI and cholesterol levels and stuff like that if you are a pacific islander you are allowed a higher level (where's the logic in that!). Good luck to you, hope it all turns out OK for you.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi Kags

Just read your post. My hubby was considered "obese" on his medical. We came on a tourist visa, he found work, got a 2 year work permit while the residency via Family Sponsership was being considered. After a couple of month we had a letter saying we were going to be declined due to weight and osteo arthritis that husband had and will need a knee replacement at some point. We argued that as we were already here and working and contributing $2,000 per month to the NZ economy that we would certainly not be a drain on the system and within the next 4 years (which is the length of time they used to say that within the next 4 years you will cost us ex amount of pounds etc) we would have paid around $96,000 towards NZ economy etc and it far outweighed the expected cost of say around $24,000 that they said we might cost them in health costs etc. It took a month or so to come back with a reply but it was that we were accepted without a medical waiver - go figure!!! I think we had 2 medical officers looking at our case - the first one was the one who was going to refuse and we said we wanted a second opinion and the second one decided to let us in!! Anyway, you should see some of the pacific islanders. Looking at a form the other day from my GP the weight ratio to BMI and cholesterol levels and stuff like that if you are a pacific islander you are allowed a higher level (where's the logic in that!). Good luck to you, hope it all turns out OK for you.
I know but just like in the Uk who let Europe in the country with ease the same applies here in NZ for pacific islanders
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I know but just like in the Uk who let Europe in the country with ease the same applies here in NZ for pacific islanders
And the pacific islanders are genetically rotund......so it makes perfect sense.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi Kags

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
And the pacific islanders are genetically rotund......so it makes perfect sense.
You can't say that!
We've already been told it has nothing- niente!- to do with genetics!
So my lovely, cuddly, soft, cosy, warm, 1/2 Italian Great grandmama (who lived 'til she was 93) her rotund shape had nothing to do with her genetic make up and the Pacific Islanders obviously don't exercise enough to burn off all the wrong food they consume.
Is that right?

PS:Just found out it's a cultural thing, not genetics
www.stuff.co.nz/4578994a22397.html

Last edited by jennifer45; Aug 14th 2008 at 11:58 am. Reason: been sent additional info.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Not been on here for a long time and thought I would see what everyone was up to.

Sorry to hear you have been declined Kags. But you are working hard to get your weight down and have done really well so far. Keep at it!

Hope your medical waiver gets approved. If not then I hope you go down the route Bevs suggested re the temporary work visa. By the time 6 months is up you would have got below the BMI border. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Last edited by suzi n steve; Aug 14th 2008 at 9:06 pm. Reason: pants spelling as per normal
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:21 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jennifer45
You can't say that!
We've already been told it has nothing- niente!- to do with genetics!
So my lovely, cuddly, soft, cosy, warm, 1/2 Italian Great grandmama (who lived 'til she was 93) her rotund shape had nothing to do with her genetic make up and the Pacific Islanders obviously don't exercise enough to burn off all the wrong food they consume.
Is that right?

PS:Just found out it's a cultural thing, not genetics
www.stuff.co.nz/4578994a22397.html

I thought it was a sarcastic comment rather than serious.

Yes it is cultural my understanding is that it's an expression of love, the bigger you are the more your are loved, if underweight underloved.

Pauline
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by howden40
I thought it was a sarcastic comment rather than serious.

Yes it is cultural my understanding is that it's an expression of love, the bigger you are the more your are loved, if underweight underloved.

Pauline
I'm not sure what point Jennifer45 is making - I thought sarcastic but then was puzzled by the 'PS' bit...however to me IMHO it is obvious that all these things are a mixture of conditioning (cultural factors i.e. nurture) and nature i.e. genetic factors...to argue otherwise makes no sense to me...but to discount genetic pre-disposition as others have done in this thread is missing at least half of the point.

I passed my NZIS medical but even when I was a size 12 when I was 18 - I was always 'rotund' rather than slim..(I know this because I have looked at old photos recently)....everyone has a natural healthy weight which it is easier for them to maintain than some other weight...yes you can really watch what you eat and exercise like crazy and artificially keep yourself somewhere below the weight which is actually right for you but you are likely to make yourself miserable and boring in the process....the Pacific Islanders/Maori who Captain Cook met, were no doubt bigger and more rotund than the average European at the time and there were no burgers for them to munch on then nor TVs to slouch in front of......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.