Medical - BMI info please

Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

soontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nice
Unhappy Medical - BMI info please

Hi , I have just had my medical and my bmi was 37. I have a gastric band fitted and am steadily losing weight. The panel doctor informed me that I have nothing to worry about, however he has ticked the box 'significant findings' on the medical form and written 'obese' in the comments box. Does this mean I will be referred to the MA? I had fasting blood tests all of which were normal. I am really worried as my OH has a job offer and a start date for Feb. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place, please bear with me as I am new to this, although I have been reading this forum for many months.
Thanks
Lynda x
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - BMI info please

Sorry I don't know the answer, but am interested to learn it as my sister also has a band fitted and now she is down to her ideal weight, but she too wants to apply for immigration.

If you did have a problem but are controlling it why wouldn't they let you in?? your BMI isn't that much over.

Please let me know if there is a problem, and very best of luck to you.

Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:24 am
Just Joined

soontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nicesoontobethin is just really nice

Hi, the panel doctor has said that, if anything, having the band fitted will certainly be in my favour as, in his opinion no-one would go to the extreme of having an operation if they weren't committed to losing weight.
The reason for my worry is that I have been reading lots of posts on this site in which people are being deferred, say for 3 months in order for them to lose more weight when their BMI is not much different from mine. I don't think the company who are employing my husband will wait 3 months for him and I don't want him to go out without me and the kids
Do you know of anyone who has been accepted with a BMI of 37?
There is nothing else at all on my medical or the rest of my family. My BMI is the only issue. We are applying for a work to residency visa as Mark has a job waiting with an accredited employer. Does this make a difference as I have noticed that the majority of posts on this subject are by people who are applying for permanent residency?
Thanks in anticipation
Lynda x
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

julieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nice

Hi
My BMI was 36. I was referred but now cleared. Hope this helps

Julie
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi Julie, thanks for your reply. When you say defered, do you mean to an MA? Did you have to do anything - lose more weight etc? How long did it take before you were cleared?
Thanks Lynda x
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by soontobethin
Hi Julie, thanks for your reply. When you say defered, do you mean to an MA? Did you have to do anything - lose more weight etc? How long did it take before you were cleared?
Thanks Lynda x
Hi Linda,
I had problems with my weight, I failed my medical last year (BMI 51), I sent my new medical in last month (BMI down to 34.7) Passed on BMI, but I had raised LTF's had to have a scan of my liver (all clear) got to send results into CO.

I have just been granted a temporary visa entry, because my OH and Son have PR and they are due to fly out 23rd Feb.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Sharyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi Linda,
I had problems with my weight, I failed my medical last year (BMI 51), I sent my new medical in last month (BMI down to 34.7) Passed on BMI, but I had raised LTF's had to have a scan of my liver (all clear) got to send results into CO.

I have just been granted a temporary visa entry, because my OH and Son have PR and they are due to fly out 23rd Feb.
Hi,

whe I was trawlling the previous posts I read the one where you had been refused on the basis of your BMI being over 40. Just read this post, congratulations on getting your BMI down and losing the weight. I'm very pleased for you. All the best.

Sharyne
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

julieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nicejulieandgraham is just really nice

Hi Lynda

The medical assessor asked for a report from my GP regarding my health. That was submitted and they passed my medical. The only hitch is that took seven weeks.

Don't worry, although I did and ignored anyone who said not to but it all worked out in the end.

Julie
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Linda,

Thanks for that. I have been reading your threads and I would like to congratulate you on your weight loss. You have done amazingly well Good luck - when do you fly out?
Lynda x
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Julie

I hope it doesn't take 7 weeks for a decision on mine. Perhaps if I enclose a letter with visa applications stating that I am undertaking regular exercise and steadily losing the excess weight? I also have a letter from my surgeon who fitted the gastric band which states the reason for having one fitted. It also states my starting weight and BMI, and given that it was 46 back in 2006 and now down to 37 - maybe even 36 now. Surely this may help?
Oh well, will enclose both the letters when I post applications in the morning and hope for the best
Wish me luck!
Lynda x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Tracey1of5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Linda,

hi, if you don't mind me asking, but i didn't think they tested LFTs? or was that extra because of having to have new medicals. I worry about my oh as he overweight at moment but is trying to lose it.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tracey1of5
hi, if you don't mind me asking, but i didn't think they tested LFTs? or was that extra because of having to have new medicals. I worry about my oh as he overweight at moment but is trying to lose it.
Hi,

LFTs will be tested as standard as they are one of the routine tests performed on your blood to assess the state of your liver. Everyone has to have them I 'm afraid not just those with a raised BMI. Hope this helps. Best of luck to your OH with the weight loss.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

I had a BMI of 40 and very slightly raised bilirubin and was referred to MA. Got the all clear and have PR,

Phyl x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Donrobo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am insulin diabetic with slightly raised blood pressure. Will this affect the decision on whether i can move to oz?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Phyl, I feel a little more confident now. Did you have to wait long after you were refered to MA?
Lynda x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.