MEDICAL ASSESSOR SAYS I AM FIT TO GO

Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Ambrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant future
Default MEDICAL ASSESSOR SAYS I AM FIT TO GO

GOOD NEWS

At last, I have received an email from my case officer today stating that the medical assessor has accepted my further proof of good health from my consultant and I am fit to go.

So, at long last, I have an acceptable standard, like my husband, and we are now waiting the letter in principle. Should be here tomorrow and then I can courier the passports for their magic visas. Have been told that it might take up to 3 weeks to process but even so it does look as though we shall be in Darfield, ChCh, for Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for their support over this past year. Didn't realise it would take so long having put in our application on 12 March 08.

Once we get the visas, will be able to book our flights. Going to treat ourselves and fly 'business'. Want to go Singapore Airlines as seen numerous recommendations on this forum for them. Have not flown with them before, have used ANZ going via LA. Thought we would try the other way and SA fly direct into ChCh, as well.

Will let you know how things proceed.

Hope that all those still waiting (especially those being sponsored under the Family category) will be successful in their application too. Don't give up, it does happen eventually.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MEDICAL ASSESSOR SAYS I AM FIT TO GO

Well done and congratulations! Enjoy a warm Xmas!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you I bet you're chuffed to bits!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,well done

Phyl x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ambrosian
GOOD NEWS

At last, I have received an email from my case officer today stating that the medical assessor has accepted my further proof of good health from my consultant and I am fit to go.

So, at long last, I have an acceptable standard, like my husband, and we are now waiting the letter in principle. Should be here tomorrow and then I can courier the passports for their magic visas. Have been told that it might take up to 3 weeks to process but even so it does look as though we shall be in Darfield, ChCh, for Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for their support over this past year. Didn't realise it would take so long having put in our application on 12 March 08.

Once we get the visas, will be able to book our flights. Going to treat ourselves and fly 'business'. Want to go Singapore Airlines as seen numerous recommendations on this forum for them. Have not flown with them before, have used ANZ going via LA. Thought we would try the other way and SA fly direct into ChCh, as well.

Hope that all those still waiting (especially those being sponsored under the Family category) will be successful in their application too. Don't give up, it does happen eventually.
Well done, you finally made it. Good luck for the future.

Cheers, Joan
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

well done, its a great feeling isnt

see you their

jim and debs
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Ambrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant futureAmbrosian has a brilliant future

Thank you everybody for your good wishes. Hope that you too will be on your way very shortly.

Hippygran - how are things progressing with your house sale? Hope that you have had some viewings although I suppose coming up to Christmas people have other things on their mind and calls on their funds.

I hope that all those wishing to sell will have more luck once the holiday season is out of the way, when possibly there will be more interest shown by the punters.

Sue
Old Dec 16th 2008, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

steve_ruth_tom is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ambrosian
GOOD NEWS

Hi, i know it's a little late but great news!!

We have been in a similar position with my wife's medicals but she has been given a clean bill of health today 16/12/08 after 4 months of waiting.

Our case officer although very nice was a little vague on the process from now on. Is it just a case of stamping the forms? She said "it was all good" so she has everything she needs.

Once again great news!

Steve, Ruth & Tom
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Hi there

Thanks for your good wishes.

In answer to your query, what happens now. In our case, we received the letter in principle, we sent off our passports, paid to have them couriered up to London and paid the levy (I think about £130 each, by debit/credit card over the phone direct with the case officer). Had the passports and the magic visas and all our documents returned by courier (you pay £20 extra for that) - took about 10 days. Must admit I emailed and reminded our case officer that our rental was due to finish and that might have had some bearing on the quickness as was told 2 weeks originally.

That is it. You get a congratulations type letter from NZI and folder with some helpful hints when you first arrive in NZ. I think that you get one year in which to get your visas into your passports. But not sure on all the timings. In our case we were ready to go as we had sold our house and our possessions were already in storage. We received our stamped passports on 25 November, booked tickets on 27th and flew on 5 December. Pretty hectic getting the banking/tax notification etc organised and leaving our rental and told the packers to ship our container.

We flew with Singapore Airlines - managed to get a couple of business class tickets. Expensive time of year to travel, better if you can wait. But make enquiry to get double your baggage allowance as you will be activating your visa for the first time. Best to send and get confirmation on an email and print it out to take with you. When we checked in our double allowance + double carry on (we got 2 carry on bags each + 1 laptop + 1 courier bag) it was queried. Had to be quite firm that it was OK and produced confirmation email.

Since we arrived in NZ on 7 Dec things have moved at quite a pace. Were originally going to buy but nothing really suitable and would entail upgrading. So, on our son's advice, we are going to build. Are in the process of buying a section (3,000 sq m) and have been out looking at show houses. Wouldn't particularly recommend this for quickness as we are keen to get settled into our new home and building a home doesn't happen overnight. But it is something we could never hope to achieve in the UK, especially at our time of life.

So that is where we are at now.

Hope that all goes smoothly for you. It will be as hectic as you want to make it. We are fortunate in having our son and daughter-in-law to assist and advise us and let us stay with them for the next 6 months or so.

All the best.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

hoda_gh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I applied for NZ student visa on 22 sep 08, they needed some additional information and medical tests. They were delivered to them on 12 Dec 08. As your experience, you think when it will be done. I am so worry about it. you think when I can expect fot getting visa and ready for going there.
Thanks
Hoda