Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

Wikiposts

LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

Old Mar 30th 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

gponniah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

Hi All,

I had received ITA last Dec. 2013 and about to lodge the application now. However evidence for claiming bonus points for LTSSL is taking much longer time. Earlier NZQA evaluated my engineering qualification and awarded 480 credits but with general and not specific qualification outcome. Then I had approached IPENZ for getting LTSSL Supporting letter but they said KA01 outcome could not be done since I had done Instrumentation and Control Engineering Specialization. Now they are suggesting me to go with KA02 for which the time frame is anywhere between 8-20 weeks. Does any one has similar experience? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Ganesh
Old Mar 31st 2014, 6:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

you only have a set amount of time to submit the ITA back to the office are you still in that time frame?

If you are but the time is limited I would say get the rest of the paperwork in so you are at least in the queue to get a Case officer and in the system or you may miss the chance to submit and have to start all over again.
As for the claiming the bonus points do you actually require it for the application to be successful?
Old Sep 6th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

mazhar1145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

Dear all,

Actually today I got my result of IQA that was surprising and shocking for me. I did my Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering from Pakistan. NZQA assessed my qualification as Bachelor degree (generic outcome) with level 7 (360 credits). I claimed bonus points for both qualification and work experience in my EOI. For this, I need IQA result as Bachelor of Engineering. Now I have to submit my ITA by the end of September 2014. But as per this result, I don't think I will be able to claim bonus points in my residence application.

One more thing that I want to mention here that when I got my ITA. With this I also got document check list. on last page of this document check list, it is clearly mentioned that this sheet must be included in my application form. on this sheet, it is also mentioned that in order to claim bonus points, my nzqa requirements should be:

NZQA Level: 7 or 8
Comparable qualification: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering with Honours

OR

Bachelor degree (level 7) or higher

After reviewing this, do you still think that I should submit my application? I need your help.

Regards,

Mazhar

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you only have a set amount of time to submit the ITA back to the office are you still in that time frame?

If you are but the time is limited I would say get the rest of the paperwork in so you are at least in the queue to get a Case officer and in the system or you may miss the chance to submit and have to start all over again.
As for the claiming the bonus points do you actually require it for the application to be successful?