Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Pending with Lodgement Date - Has CO been allocated?

Pending with Lodgement Date - Has CO been allocated?

Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pending with Lodgement Date - Has CO been allocated?

I submitted the visa under SMC in July. The website shows Decision as "Pending" and Lodgement Date as "07 July 2014". Does this mean that CO has already started looking into my case or does it just convey that application has been submitted with required document?

Joshua
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pending with Lodgement Date - Has CO been allocated?

As far as I would read it I would say that they have registered your application on that date and all time lines would go from that date. Have you checked the branch time line for your type of visa ?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it says 1-6 months for London branch. However, I do remember reading in some forum that it was good only for applications with job offer and for non job offer applications (like mine) it could take up to several months to allocate CO and up to couple of years to grant visa
Old Sep 9th 2014, 1:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years sounds excessive!

From the London site:
Tips and processing times

Skilled Migrant

Expression of Interest (with job offer)

We will contact you with our first assessment within 10 working days of your EOI being drawn from the pool.

Expression of Interest (without job offer)

We will contact you with our first assessment within 20 working days of your EOI being drawn from the pool.

Skilled Migrant application (with job offer)

We expect to decide your application within one to three months from the date the application is submitted.

Skilled Migrant application (without job offer)

Applications are placed in a managed queue. Once the application is allocated we expect to decide your application within one to six months.
There is more info on timing if you follow the link and click on 'further information'