On-Line self assessment form?

Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

macmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nicemacmattom is just really nice
Default On-Line self assessment form?

Does anybody know if there is an on-line assessment form I can fill in to give me an idea of whether I would be eligible for a NZ visa, or to decide the best option to apply for before I submit?

I'm aiming to be under 50 (just!) when I go, with a couple of teenage kids (19 and 17 at time of move) - just in time to pay their university fees (will be the subject of a later thread )

I am planning well in advance, but this is more to manage my current expectations. I am thinking of a career change (hopefully to train as a Maths teacher before I go), but want to see what my current quals count for so I might be able to get to NZ first and train in later. The final choice might be decided by an offer of a relocation package, so I could go to work in my current field (aircraft engineer) and wait until I get there to train later.

I think that makes sense

Thanks very much,

Mac.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:40 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On-Line self assessment form?

hi, if you're looking at the SMC (skilled migrants category) you can use this points indicator to see how many points you are likely to have: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Have a good read through the NZ immigration website: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

There's loads of useful info on the website and I didn't find it too difficult ot navigate around. Also, there's loads of lovely helpful peolpe on this forum - they've always been verry helpful to me anyway
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:50 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

I've been scouring the job pages for engineering jobs relevant to myself - one seems to come up about once every time Pluto orbits the Sun - but Aircraft Engineering jobs do crop up from time to time. Largely depends what Aircraft Engineer covers in your sense; design, manufacturing, maintenance, operations, planning etc?

Keep your eye on trademe.co.nz, seek.co.nz and the careers section of Air New Zealand's website.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:54 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an aircraft engineer, not touched planes in three years, but that's more because of my choice of location over money.
SafeAir are just laying off 100 engineers, so don't expect to fall into work, locals will be looked after first.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:19 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
You can either fill in the points indicator as Shelloid mentioned or the other alternative is to register and fill in a trial EOI [free and can be saved]. I'm assuming you'd be wanting permanent residency from what you've written.
If you have enough points you can submit, though you may or may not be picked out depending on how many points you have and whether your quals or work experience are on the LTSSL or not. You can gain PR without having a job offer first via this route though.