Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Last remaining relative visa, and other options. Any advice?

Last remaining relative visa, and other options. Any advice?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last remaining relative visa, and other options. Any advice?

Hello,

My partner and I are moving to Melbourne on 1st September this year on permanent residence visas that we have already validated.

Emma's parents and youngest sister are New Zealand citizens, and that will leave Emma's middle sister, Dutch husband and two children left in the UK.

Her sister wants to emigrate to NZ under the 'Last remaining relative' visa and is currently gathering information together. There are a couple of issue that maybe people on here could help with, or have been through a similar process?

1 - She states that she will need proof of our address in Australia to satisfy the criteria that Emma is no longer a UK resident, but we won't be in Australia until the end of October as we are travelling across America first.

I would have thought that certified copies of our Visas, copies of our one-way plane tickets and copies of all of the hotel reservations in America, plus a stat dec from us to state we are moving to Oz indefinitely after travelling, and a copy of my employment contract for Australia should be enough to satisfy the application that we will not be resident in the UK from the 1st September?

2 - Will they only be able to apply for the visa once we have actually left the country - i.e. 1st September? Or is there any way that the application could be lodged earlier, but visa grant be deferred until we have left? We are trying to think of ways to speed up the process of them getting into NZ.

3 - Is there another kind of visa they could go over earlier on, then apply for last relative visa once we have let the UK?

Thanks for any comments.

Cheers.