British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Labour Market Check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/labour-market-check-780164/)

Neils45 Dec 10th 2012 2:23 pm

Labour Market Check

Hi All,

New to the forum but hope you guys can provide a little advise on time frames from your own experiences.

I was recently offered a skilled job in Christchurch and submitted for a temp work visa around 4 weeks ago.

Today my case officer advised me that the application is going through a Labour Market Check which was submitted on the 26th November. She stated that she has yet to get a response as of today.

Just wondered what are the usual timeframes for this sort of check?

Cheers

Neil

Sherlock Holmes Dec 10th 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Labour Market Check

Originally Posted by Neils45 (Post 10425888)
Hi All,

New to the forum but hope you guys can provide a little advise on time frames from your own experiences.

I was recently offered a skilled job in Christchurch and submitted for a temp work visa around 4 weeks ago.

Today my case officer advised me that the application is going through a Labour Market Check which was submitted on the 26th November. She stated that she has yet to get a response as of today.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil and welcome to the forum. :)

I think your question might best off in the immigration forum so I've moved it in there for you.

I can't answer the question I'm afraid but hopefully, someone who can, will be along soonish.

Enjoy B.E. :)

Neils45 Dec 14th 2012 9:47 am

No help here?

No one gone over on an essential skills visa for a job not on the shortage skills lists?

concretepump Dec 14th 2012 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Neils45 (Post 10425888)
Hi All,

Cheers

Neil

hi we had a labour check, earlier this year and was about 12 weeks because they still wanted more info, from firm who offered me the job they gave all they had but nz wanted more in the end job never happend because they had to lay two people off

Caz8NZ Dec 15th 2012 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Neils45 (Post 10432724)
No help here?

No one gone over on an essential skills visa for a job not on the shortage skills lists?

Not 100% sure....a couple of friends of mine were offered work visas and I don't think that they were jobs on a shortage list BUT the companies had gone through big recruitment processes and could show that they had advertised the positions and couldn't find any suitable kiwis.

One works for one of the large telecoms companies and at the time i think he was involved in customer data support and the other one was working in a large hostel chain - the job was like a hostel manager but the job title was just Hostel Assistant. Doesn't seem like you couldn't find a kiwi to do those jobs, but they both got work visas.

Neils45 Dec 25th 2012 6:05 pm

The work visa came through.

It seems the delays were with Work & Income in New Zealand. Took a little gentle pushing but got there in the end.

Flight booked New Years Day !

BEVS Dec 26th 2012 12:40 am

Congrats.

NZ starts a wind down during December for the Xmas/New Year hols. Many of us here in NZ do the same. Probably why there was a lack of responses.

Good that you got the visas. :thumbup: