Labour Market Check

Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Neils45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Labour Market Check

Hi All,

New to the forum but hope you guys can provide a little advise on time frames from your own experiences.

I was recently offered a skilled job in Christchurch and submitted for a temp work visa around 4 weeks ago.

Today my case officer advised me that the application is going through a Labour Market Check which was submitted on the 26th November. She stated that she has yet to get a response as of today.

Just wondered what are the usual timeframes for this sort of check?

Cheers

Neil
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:10 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Market Check

Originally Posted by Neils45 View Post
Hi All,

New to the forum but hope you guys can provide a little advise on time frames from your own experiences.

I was recently offered a skilled job in Christchurch and submitted for a temp work visa around 4 weeks ago.

Today my case officer advised me that the application is going through a Labour Market Check which was submitted on the 26th November. She stated that she has yet to get a response as of today.

Cheers

Neil
Hi Neil and welcome to the forum.

I think your question might best off in the immigration forum so I've moved it in there for you.

I can't answer the question I'm afraid but hopefully, someone who can, will be along soonish.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 9:47 am
Just Joined

No help here?

No one gone over on an essential skills visa for a job not on the shortage skills lists?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Hi All,

Cheers

Neil
hi we had a labour check, earlier this year and was about 12 weeks because they still wanted more info, from firm who offered me the job they gave all they had but nz wanted more in the end job never happend because they had to lay two people off
Old Dec 15th 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

No help here?

No one gone over on an essential skills visa for a job not on the shortage skills lists?
Not 100% sure....a couple of friends of mine were offered work visas and I don't think that they were jobs on a shortage list BUT the companies had gone through big recruitment processes and could show that they had advertised the positions and couldn't find any suitable kiwis.

One works for one of the large telecoms companies and at the time i think he was involved in customer data support and the other one was working in a large hostel chain - the job was like a hostel manager but the job title was just Hostel Assistant. Doesn't seem like you couldn't find a kiwi to do those jobs, but they both got work visas.
Old Dec 25th 2012, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

The work visa came through.

It seems the delays were with Work & Income in New Zealand. Took a little gentle pushing but got there in the end.

Flight booked New Years Day !
Old Dec 26th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.

NZ starts a wind down during December for the Xmas/New Year hols. Many of us here in NZ do the same. Probably why there was a lack of responses.

Good that you got the visas.