Job Offer, what to do now

Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future
Question Job Offer, what to do now

Finally, my OH Lee has received a job offer but is now really confused about what to do about the immigration side of things. We were hoping to go the work permit (or WTR if poss) route and then do the rest when out in NZ, but we want to be sure of a few things first.
Although Lee is a trained mechanic the job offer is for a management role, which is not on the immediate/long term short lists. Mechanic is listed so to gain residency further down the line am I right in thinking that the end job title doesn't really matter?

NZQA have all of Lee's bits & bobs and we're praying they come back eventually with some good news.

Would appreciate any replies even if it is just to tell me I have answered by own question.

I'm the worry head of the household, can you tell!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Offer, what to do now

Originally Posted by Bonniewoo
Finally, my OH Lee has received a job offer but is now really confused about what to do about the immigration side of things. We were hoping to go the work permit (or WTR if poss) route and then do the rest when out in NZ, but we want to be sure of a few things first.
Although Lee is a trained mechanic the job offer is for a management role, which is not on the immediate/long term short lists. Mechanic is listed so to gain residency further down the line am I right in thinking that the end job title doesn't really matter?

NZQA have all of Lee's bits & bobs and we're praying they come back eventually with some good news.

Would appreciate any replies even if it is just to tell me I have answered by own question.

I'm the worry head of the household, can you tell!

Ask the company if they have hired any other people requiring work permits before, and if they are registered with NZ Immigration (ie an accredited employer) for you to be able to apply under the WTR scheme. I think the skills bit for residency applies to your past experience, and you get points for your axperience, rather than points for the job you are being offered.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

one thing you need to remember. work visa is fast to get, just a couple of days.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bonniewoo.
It is late and Friday night here .

My view is that you go for the work permit now and PR once you have arrived. A supervisory position within this trade should hold good .