ITA Submitted....now have cold feet!

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

DEANO79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITA Submitted....now have cold feet!

Hi folks.....I sent off my medical reports and ITA today for me and my family and guess what, for the first time, I have been hit with the heeby-jeebies . Is it just me or does everyone have a spell of this once you are nearer to jetting off?? For some reason, I am now focussing on how will we manage without family support? Are employers flexible with regards to family and schooling commitments? Will we make friends? It's crazy! I have researched our dream life in NZ to the n'th degree, weighed this up with UK life and, have always found this to be the best thing for my family and I. I think, if I am honest, I am having hidden pressure from my close immediate family, which I have chosen to brush off until now. Why am I not skipping around with joy? Any advice or stories that may lighten my head a little will be greatly received, with a glass of wine in my hand.
Thanks folks.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: ITA Submitted....now have cold feet!

Drink wine and more wine. Calms the nerves and numbs the brain

It's normal. I had the cold feet thing. In fact, it got so bad I didn't want to get on the plane at all despite that my husband , my cats and all my personal possessions were already in NZ & had been for two months.

We don't all skip around for joy. I've never understood those that do TBH. Especially when many of us leave much loved close family and long time friends.

It's brave. It's bold. It's something you and yours want to do badly enough that you have made it happen. Be pleased. Be relieved. Be excited and nervous. Be happy and sad . It's all normal.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on Bevs!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't feel ready for a challenge or a change of circumstances, you would'nt have looked into moving to the other side of the world.

We are fairly happy in the UK but have both experienced alot of places around the world and know what is else there. The appeal to moving abroad (not just to NZ) is the whole experience, the changes, meeting new people, new jobs, new lifestyle, new everything!!!!

I have to admit it felt very strange at our medicals, we had not really spoken about NZ for a good month or so, then there we are going for immigration medicals.

I think it takes a certain type of person (couple, family) to go through the immigration process and you have decided to jump into that process, so IMO your already prepared to tackle all the worries you mentioned.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DEANO79
Hi folks.....I sent off my medical reports and ITA today for me and my family and guess what, for the first time, I have been hit with the heeby-jeebies . Is it just me or does everyone have a spell of this once you are nearer to jetting off?? For some reason, I am now focussing on how will we manage without family support? Are employers flexible with regards to family and schooling commitments? Will we make friends? It's crazy! I have researched our dream life in NZ to the n'th degree, weighed this up with UK life and, have always found this to be the best thing for my family and I. I think, if I am honest, I am having hidden pressure from my close immediate family, which I have chosen to brush off until now. Why am I not skipping around with joy? Any advice or stories that may lighten my head a little will be greatly received, with a glass of wine in my hand.
Thanks folks.
you my dear... are quite normal.... if u did nt suffer from the jitters! then u would be not quite right!... good luck with the whole process! it is a leap of faith!
Berni
xxx
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Deano
I m glad it s not just me !!!
Our ITA is submitted and hopefully we have sold our house too !!
However ,I know I ve made the rite decision in emmigrating, but I m worrying over exactly the same problems,
Its the biggest decision you can make in your lifetime and it does not just effect you but your children and the friends and family you leave behind. Im trying to focus on the positive side for me and my family or I will turn into a nervous wreck if I ponder on the what if s for too long.
I start to cry when watching wanted down under and the recording of the families back home comes on. Im dreading the point when I have to say Goodbye !
But deep down I know I making the rite decision
Jo
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:05 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

All completely normal, I really go from being very excited to seriously questioning what on earth we are doing. As Bev said leaving loved ones and long term friends is incredibly tough.
But in my heart I feel for us it is the time to give it a go
Dewb
Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

I just had an email introducing my case officer. At last! I have been waiting for ages.

Once again, as I have with every stage of the process, I get ten minutes of exhilaration, followed by fear, doubt and despair. If nothing else I am getting used to the see saw of emotions, and I know I will soon be balanced again -after a bit of time and a lot of wine

as everyone else said: If you didn't get worried once in a while, you'd be weird!

Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:00 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mudblood21
I just had an email introducing my case officer. At last! I have been waiting for ages.

Once again, as I have with every stage of the process, I get ten minutes of exhilaration, followed by fear, doubt and despair. If nothing else I am getting used to the see saw of emotions, and I know I will soon be balanced again -after a bit of time and a lot of wine

as everyone else said: If you didn't get worried once in a while, you'd be weird!

Great news now your journey is really getting going.

Mr Chardonnay is a wonderful help

Dewb
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mudblood21

Best wishes & Good Luck.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Hey Dewb and RobDon-

yes, it is all speeding up again. Its like being on a huge rollercoaster, isn't it?

Phone interview with my CO- hopefully Monday - warn me if there are any trick questions! I was asked for some more paperwork, but there was no mention of a medical review- and I am reliably informed that this means that the medicals were all okay! Yay!

Also have a phone interview for a job on Monday night at 7.30 pm

So, if my guardian Angels are on form - I might (just might, maybe) have some good news to share soon.

thanks for your support - I think this website ROCKS!

Jacqui
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I also had a phone interview for my job.
Its was quite informal and the good thing is you can have info written down in front of you
and use it as a prompt should you need it, job description, competancies etc....
Anyway Good Luck, I am sure you will sail through it.