Internship at New Zealand conditions ?

Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Radovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internship at New Zealand conditions ?

Hello there

I received a job offer for 12 months internship in Auckland. I did not use any agency to provide internship (Aiesec)
My questions are:
What does it obtain to make the internship legal ?
What kind of visa do I need ? (work?)
What needs the company fulfill to make the internship legal ?
Does anyone has email contact to immigration office in London ?
What how is it with taxes and social fees at New Zealand if I am there only temporarily for an internship ?

Thank you in advance

Radovan
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:41 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internship at New Zealand conditions ?

Welcome Radovan, can't help out on the internship side of things but here's a link for the details for London office

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ontactDetails/
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Radovan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the contact detail I got these information as well however I am looking for email contact...

thanks anyway
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:58 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

don't think you can get an email contact until you get a Case Officer. so think the only option are the ones listed on the Immigration Web Site
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Radovan
Hello there

I received a job offer for 12 months internship in Auckland. I did not use any agency to provide internship (Aiesec)
My questions are:
What does it obtain to make the internship legal ?
What kind of visa do I need ? (work?)
What needs the company fulfill to make the internship legal ?
Does anyone has email contact to immigration office in London ?
What how is it with taxes and social fees at New Zealand if I am there only temporarily for an internship ?

Thank you in advance

Radovan
I'm not sure what you mean by your first point - what does it obtain to make the internship legal? do you mean by the company or visa?

In terms of a visa, its not that clear, but doing a quick search I found this on an NZ Embassy site relating to people from Brazil:

You will also need a work visa for practical experience as an overseas student, professional sportsperson or other specific categories (although no approval in principle is required for these) and for an Internship for voluntary Work, or if you are to receive free board in exchange for services rendered, eg for work on a farm.

I would imagine it is the same conditions for the majority of countries - where are you from? Depending on the requirements of the visa will depend on what the company needs to do.

You will not be able to get an individuals contact email for immigration - you will need to contact the general numbers etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by social fees - but if you are living in New Zealand for 12 months you will be subject to pay the normal taxes on any income you earn. You will need to have an IRD number in order to be paid for any work.