immigration interview - hard questions?

Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

clarecarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration interview - hard questions?

Hi

is there really a need to revise for the immigration interview? I was of the asumption that it was questions around;
cost of living
rent
where we are going to live, work..

Am I just not thinking along the right lines?

Hope someone can offer some words of wisdom

clare

eoi pullled 19/6/9
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:05 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice
Default Re: immigration interview - hard questions?

Originally Posted by clarecarr
Hi

is there really a need to revise for the immigration interview? I was of the asumption that it was questions around;
cost of living
rent
where we are going to live, work..

Am I just not thinking along the right lines?

Hope someone can offer some words of wisdom

clare

eoi pullled 19/6/9
Yes, 'revision' does make it sound a little extreme! It's not really like an exam, mine was more like an information giving chat. It is worth doing some research around the topics you mention above though. There are a number of threads on here with example questions that they ask. My CO wanted to know if I had an idea of the salary I may earn, what I could expect to take home each month, how much rent/food/car etc may cost. I was also asked what I knew about the NZ education system (I'm a teacher). What barriers may we come across when trying to settle - that sort of thing. They just want to make sure you're not expecting to be living in a 3 story, 18 bedroom mansion on a cleaners wage I think, and that you're being realistic about your move. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Clare,

Just do some search on the relative threads and you would get enough idea of the Telephone Interview questions. Best of luck

Sam
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:
interview questions

It has links to lists of questions asked.
You don't need to do lots of revision but worth getting some answers straight in your head for when you're asked.
They seemed big on asking me what I'd do if things didn't go according to plan-I couldn't find a job in the area I wanted to, would me and my partner move to a different area [they knew that wasn't really an option!]etc
Best to prepare some answers to the "what will you do if xxxxx doesn't go to plan" type questions. Unless you're very good at thinking on your feet in which case you'll be fine
Good luck