immigration agency

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

plumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant future
Default immigration agency

Hello everyone. I am new to this, so bear with me. Myself and my family are considering moving to nz, but are unsure which agency to use?. We have had different quotes from various agencys which range from 750 - 2000 pounds . Can anyone point me in the right direction and reccommend a good agency that they have used. Thanks for reading.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:11 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: immigration agency

Originally Posted by plumster
Hello everyone. I am new to this, so bear with me. Myself and my family are considering moving to nz, but are unsure which agency to use?. We have had different quotes from various agencys which range from 750 - 2000 pounds . Can anyone point me in the right direction and reccommend a good agency that they have used. Thanks for reading.
Save your money and do it yourself. All an agent can do is help you fill in the forms. You will still have to pay all the immigration fees, medical costs and so on. You will also have to do all the leg work.

The forms themselves are not really that difficult. You just need to be methodical and follow the directions. If you get stuck, give a holler here. Many people on these forums have been through the process and can help you with any question you may have.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

plumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant futureplumster has a brilliant future

What are the risks of doing it yourself? I have heard that if you make a mistake on the forms that it can jeopordize your application.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:03 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I filled in the EOI form and did it all myself without wasting money on an agency. It really is quite logical and easy, as HappyNZ has said you can get plenty of help from here and the NZIS website is also very helpful.
As far as making a mistake is concerned, just double check everything or triple, quadruple check depending on how worried you are. You can also do it online a bit at a time and save it which makes the form seem a lot less daunting than trying to do it all at once. I did mine over a few days. Since you'd have to supply/find out any information to go on the form anyway then you may as well do it all yourself. This immigration business is expensive enough as it is... unless of course you've got money to burn!

I did realise I'd missed some information off after it had been selected [so couldn't change it online] and went into NZ House and they just added it onto the form , no problem, in fact she said it was quite a common mistake to make! It was something about my parents so was not really relevant to my application as they're not going to come over with me.

Good luck
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just do it yourself and we'll help. Just post questions here and we'll do what we can to assist.

Seriously, save your money!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:46 am
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

Don't bother. We made the mistake of using an agency, so far nice as they are they haven't added any value only confusion to the process by adding a third party. Better of saving the money and asking on here and until you have a case officer £1000 is a lot of £1 per minute phone calls to NZIS
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Have some newbie karma.

As everyone else has stated, you should perhaps think to save your money and DIY your forms unless there is something unusual about your case. We are all here to help.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot guys, Its really reassureing to know that we have decent people out there to help and fall back on. So thanks again.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

OK. Where do we start by doing it ourselves, i.e where do we get the forms from, that kind of thing. Also i gota tell you that we have been for a interview today with an immigration agency, and they have quoted about 3,800 to process the app:curse:, 2,790 to find me a job, and thats on top of the 1,900 that i need to do my medicals and stuff. So if you guys can help, that would be great
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:31 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi plumster,

You can take the first step by clicking on this link ->http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration to acquaint yourself with the basic steps in immigrating to New Zealand. At the bottom of the article you have a link for New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS). Click on that. Have a good squiz at that site. That's a good start. After that - come back here with any questions.

See you later.