immigration advice

Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of
Default immigration advice

hello, has anyone got any advice it experience regarding changing from a working holiday visa to a skilled migrant visa?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration advice

there's no shortcut unfortunately - apart from that if you are here already you may be able to get a job offer easier which gives you more points.

look on the immigration site for the process for a skilled migrant visa and see how many points you get.

what sort of advice are you after specifically? I've gone from working holiday visa to Work for residence visa and have just submitted an expression of interest for SMV
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:18 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you have enough points then you can apply via the SMC. It makes no difference which visa you are on currently though being in NZ would make it easier to get a job offer as Caz8NZ says
Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

Thanks for your replies I had an interview last night and will find out next week if I have been successful. Luckily if I am they said they would organise the SMV for me and initially I could start on a WHV basis.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news - they won't be able to organise it for you per-se - they will probably give you assistance with applying - but its still not "guaranteed". You will have to apply for a SMC visa on the basis you have a job/ongoing job offer.

Chances are if you are here, working and have a permanent job offer you will be fine. that's what i'm hoping anyway as that's the situation i'm in!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Caz, fingers crossed it all works out for both of us!