Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

How much points can I claim ... please help me to figure out

How much points can I claim ... please help me to figure out

Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

tarini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much points can I claim ... please help me to figure out

Hi all,

Here is my details info

1. B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh
2. 5 years of total ICT full time work experience. Of which 4 years continuous full time employment as Unix Administrator that fall under ANZSCO 262113 System Administrator which is on LTSS. I have been employed in a company here in BD which is domeciled in USA ( head office in USA ) for last 4 years.
3. Aged 28.
4. I have never been in NZ nor I have any job offer from NZ.
5. I have overall 7.0 band score in IELTS ( academic module taken in March 2009).
6. Married and partner has 5.0 overall bandscore in IELTS and has Master's degree in Sociology ( from national university, bangladesh ).

Based on this info can someone help me to calculate how much points I may claim? I went through the points calculator and found that I may claim 115 points? I'm not sure whether my calculation is right or wrong.

Also, does skills assessment from Australian Computer Society helps or give benefit in NZ immigration?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR
tarini
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

tarini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much points can I claim ... please help me to figure out

Originally Posted by tarini
Hi all,

Here is my details info

1. B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh
2. 5 years of total ICT full time work experience. Of which 4 years continuous full time employment as Unix Administrator that fall under ANZSCO 262113 System Administrator which is on LTSS. I have been employed in a company here in BD which is domeciled in USA ( head office in USA ) for last 4 years.
3. Aged 28.
4. I have never been in NZ nor I have any job offer from NZ.
5. I have overall 7.0 band score in IELTS ( academic module taken in March 2009).
6. Married and partner has 5.0 overall bandscore in IELTS and has Master's degree in Sociology ( from national university, bangladesh ).

Based on this info can someone help me to calculate how much points I may claim? I went through the points calculator and found that I may claim 115 points? I'm not sure whether my calculation is right or wrong.

Also, does skills assessment from Australian Computer Society helps or give benefit in NZ immigration?

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR
tarini
Is there anyone who can help me ????

[ Just bumping up the thread. ]

BR
tarini
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:28 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

OK. For the sake of argument let's pretend that I've just used your details and gone through the points calculator and got 115 points.

Do you feel any more confident?

Why?

Are you going to rely on my opinion?

Sorry tarini, but the helpful part of me would love to answer your question properly and make you happy, but the logical part of me just tells me that I'd have to put quite a bit of effort in to come to a conclusion that might actually be wrong and just give you false hope. Or, alternatively, I might put you off for no reason at all. Not only that, but it's actually illegal for me to act as an immigration advisor as I'm not accredited!

I would guess I'm not the only one who is thinking like that.

It might however be that people can help you on specific items if you're lucky, though on a British Expats forum you may not be addressing the most appropriate audience for information on a Bangladesh based application. I guess you have also posted elsewhere?

Item 1. Have you checked to see if your qualification is recognised? If it is you have 50 points already. If not... then you don't.

For item 2 you will need to find out if your experience is in a comparable market. I don't know if it is or isn't. You know your company better than me, but to get a valid opinion on that it would be best to contact INZ.

Item 3. Yep you get points for that. Can't remember how many, but it is pretty obvious from the points calculator.

Item 4. Null points.

Item 5. Hey pretty good. Nice score. Guess this means that your degree didn't need to be done in English. Of course I have no way of knowing if it was or not.

Item 6. I can't recall there being any IELTS issues for partners unless you are claiming points for them.

No idea regarding the ACS skills assessment. If you have already attempted to get a working visa into Australia and intend to use NZ as a backdoor to get there, please be aware that you now need to live in NZ for at least five years before you can apply for citizenship. Oh and on average it's not as hot

WP
Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

If you fill out a draft application online it adds your points up for you automatically....so useful!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Go through the point indicator on the immi website, simple as. No one here can tell you how much many point you will accrue.