How long for Work Permit or PR?

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default How long for Work Permit or PR?

Hi all!

I'm just waiting for my police checks to arrive from the UK, but once they get here I will be submitting my application for a work permit. Already have the job, my boss has filled out the employee form, I've done the visa app and have my meds soon.

Question is, how long does a work permit application usually take to be processed? I'll be lodging it in Auckland.

Also, is it possibly to lodge a PR application at while you have a Work Permit application in? Reason is, that with the job I now get 190 points on EOI, so I thought I could apply for the work permit which should be quicker, then rather than wait the 2 years to try residence from work, I would just apply straight for PR.

If I could do this in the next 3 months before the police checks expire that would be ideally, but I'm not sure how it would work if my work permit hasn't come back by then. Also, what's to stop immigration just giving me a work permit instead of PR, even though I hopefully would already have one?

Make sense?

Thx!

Andy
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:30 am
Just Joined

gavin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long for Work Permit or PR?

Hi andy, cant help you with your questions yet but i am about to lodge a work permit application and ITA at the same time (sending off via courier tomorrow in the auckland branch aswell so will let you know the outcome. cheers, gavin
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gavin1
Hi andy, cant help you with your questions yet but i am about to lodge a work permit application and ITA at the same time (sending off via courier tomorrow in the auckland branch aswell so will let you know the outcome. cheers, gavin
Cool thanks, good luck!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can submit a temp work permit & permanent residency application in tandem. There is nothing to stop you.

As you are aware your medicals and police checks must be timely for the PR application .

n.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:46 am
Just Joined

gavin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bevs, will let you guys know if successful!!!:
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

A work permit application can take only 3 to 5 days to be granted if there are no probs with it. If your medical has to go the medical assessor the process can take up to 60 days. Hopefully your medical will be ok though.

Once your work permit is granted, you should apply for residency within three months so your medical is still valid and you don't have to do it again