British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   How long from returning ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/how-long-returning-ita-490872/)

phil01 Oct 31st 2007 9:10 pm

How long from returning ITA

Hi,

how long does it take them to process your application when you return your ITA and all the info they want...how long did it take for yours to go through.

Cheers :thumbsup:

happynz Oct 31st 2007 9:14 pm

Re: How long from returning ITA

We handed in our ITA 4 June 2006. We were approved three weeks later (it would have been sooner, but because we needed the NZIS doc to sign off on a negligible health thingie we had to wait the mandatory three week period that i taks for the doctor's clearance). We picked up our passports 11 July 2006

UKNZAUS Oct 31st 2007 10:01 pm

I was just coming on to ask the same thing! Mine was sent in and received last Wednesday and we've received our documents and x-ray back this morning. We have only claimed points for work experience and a job he's doing already, plus they scrutinised his job description already as it's new to NZ and not on the Skills shortage list yet.

How long has yours been in?

phil01 Oct 31st 2007 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5495209)
I was just coming on to ask the same thing! Mine was sent in and received last Wednesday and we've received our documents and x-ray back this morning. We have only claimed points for work experience and a job he's doing already, plus they scrutinised his job description already as it's new to NZ and not on the Skills shortage list yet.

How long has yours been in?

Not put it in yet...I know not very good of us but we waited for ages for our police clearances to come back and i had to get some uni stuff sent to me and all in all just didn't get around to it but our deadline is the 20th November so must get it sorted!

Just wondered how long it took as a Nurse who works here at the hospital has taken 6 months!

JaneAS Nov 1st 2007 12:04 pm

I've been warned (by someone who is waiting for their ITA to be processed) that there is a 3-month waiting list at NZIS .... this is with a job offer.....

Jane

phil01 Nov 1st 2007 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by JaneAS (Post 5497159)
I've been warned (by someone who is waiting for their ITA to be processed) that there is a 3-month waiting list at NZIS .... this is with a job offer.....

Jane

We are already here so I thought it may be quicker...already in the job etc...but they do close for Christmas!

UKNZAUS Nov 1st 2007 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5498592)
We are already here so I thought it may be quicker...already in the job etc...but they do close for Christmas!

We received a letter with our documents saying that we will have a decision within 3-6 months! I checked our application yesterday, online, 9 days after lodging it and it had changed from 'Application received' to 'Pending' :huh: I'll be checking it daily now :D

Wiz'n'Ton Nov 2nd 2007 2:24 am

Well good luck to you guys. I wish you all the best with it. :thumbsup: Not too long now 'till it'll be us in the same position - we hope!

Excited?

Youbetcha! :eek:

sarahw Nov 2nd 2007 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5498914)
We received a letter with our documents saying that we will have a decision within 3-6 months! I checked our application yesterday, online, 9 days after lodging it and it had changed from 'Application received' to 'Pending' :huh: I'll be checking it daily now :D

We got our visas in 2005 and our online status still shows 'Pending' :huh:

We got our visas about 2 weeks after handing in the ITA and docs in London.

ned Nov 2nd 2007 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by sarahw (Post 5500220)
We got our visas in 2005 and our online status still shows 'Pending' :huh:

We got our visas about 2 weeks after handing in the ITA and docs in London.

Is there any advantage to be gained by handing the documents in over posting them (registered of course!) :confused:

sarahw Nov 3rd 2007 11:16 pm

Not sure but we lived in London and naturally had left the submission of our ITA till the last possible day :blink::unsure: