How long to get a Residence Visa

Old Nov 8th 2015, 7:38 am
Just Joined

StandingUpForTheUlstermen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long to get a Residence Visa

Any word yet?

They have had my partner visa since the 15th October but I haven't herd a thing from they no emails. They have however taken the money on the 16th October.

I'm married to a kiwi nearly 4 years now and together near 7. We had our first child together 3months ago and he has his New Zealand passport already. Just concerned that they haven't contacted me yet and when you call them they tell you nothing.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

AndyWatson1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StandingUpForTheUlstermen
Any word yet?

They have had my partner visa since the 15th October but I haven't herd a thing from they no emails. They have however taken the money on the 16th October.

I'm married to a kiwi nearly 4 years now and together near 7. We had our first child together 3months ago and he has his New Zealand passport already. Just concerned that they haven't contacted me yet and when you call them they tell you nothing.
You should hear something any time now, my application went in 3 days before you.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh,well. Everything is in the container, so having to go to the library to get online. Eleven days ago ( The day my computer was packed into the container) my immigration officer contacted me. The extra stuff I sent to prove my relationship with my husband (copies of bank statements, bills etc) Well, she wants me to send 'certified' copies of these! This would have been okay had I known before everything was packed into the container! (And moved away from our solicitors)Explained this and she's asked for certified joint bank statements from 2010, hopefully this will do and we'll get a decision next week. Once you get to talk to them they seem okay really. You seem to be in the queue for about 2 month, after that, assuming everything is okay it moves quite quickly.
Old Nov 11th 2015, 4:16 am
Just Joined

'The Call'.

I got a phone call from a guy called Sam who is my case worker. He said everything is good at his end with regards to the application pack and that stuff. Just need to wait on Police Check and Medical to come back and we are good to go.

EXCITING STUFF
Old Nov 11th 2015, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StandingUpForTheUlstermen
'The Call'.

I got a phone call from a guy called Sam who is my case worker. He said everything is good at his end with regards to the application pack and that stuff. Just need to wait on Police Check and Medical to come back and we are good to go.

EXCITING STUFF
I got exactly the same call from the same guy (initials SB)

See you on the other side of the world
Old Nov 11th 2015, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AndyWatson1970
I got exactly the same call from the same guy (initials SB)

See you on the other side of the world
o

Hey Andy.

Yea it's SB, real nice guy. He said he hopes to hear back from the others before Christmas. So fingers crossed. Nothing will come back on the medical or police check so I guess it's just a formality now and a waiting game.

Wellington here I come.
Old Nov 11th 2015, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

he said 2-3 weeks for us, the hardest part will be telling my mother that I moving next year
Old Nov 11th 2015, 10:38 am
Just Joined

My folks know and they roughly know when. The tough but will be taking our 3month old son away from them. It's going to be very very tough. 😞
Old Nov 11th 2015, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

My 22yr old daughter can't wait for us to move, she said "least we will have somewhere to stay when we take a year out travelling" - WTF!!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Hey guys,

Just a quick update...... Still no word lol.

Has anyone else got any further along with there application.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

UktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant future

Where did you do your medical mate? Did you go to Dublin?
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UktoNZ2016
Where did you do your medical mate? Did you go to Dublin?
I done my medical in September in Dublin.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Got an email from my case worker last night saying that everything is fine and the application is now just subject to a mandatory second person quality check, which should take place within the next 2-3 weeks. You will be notified of the steps from there after that is completed.

Curious what happens in 2-3 weeks time....

Very, very excited now
Old Nov 20th 2015, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyWatson1970
Got an email from my case worker last night saying that everything is fine and the application is now just subject to a mandatory second person quality check, which should take place within the next 2-3 weeks. You will be notified of the steps from there after that is completed. Curious what happens in 2-3 weeks time.... Very, very excited now
So, as of now your case officer has made a decision on your application, which, sounding from your post will be that you are successful.The whole application and process that your case officer has completed now needs auditing by another case officer to ensure the decision is correct and Immigration have followed their Ops Manual.After 2-3 week and assuming the audit goes well, you should then receive formal notification to say you have been successful and be invited to send in your passports and the final migrant levy payment.Once Immigration receive these, they will process payment, apply the blueys (visa stickers) to the passports and return them by courier and when you have them in hand you are good to go. You'll have 12 months to activate the visas by crossing the border as a resident visa holder.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
So, as of now your case officer has made a decision on your application, which, sounding from your post will be that you are successful.The whole application and process that your case officer has completed now needs auditing by another case officer to ensure the decision is correct and Immigration have followed their Ops Manual.After 2-3 week and assuming the audit goes well, you should then receive formal notification to say you have been successful and be invited to send in your passports and the final migrant levy payment.Once Immigration receive these, they will process payment, apply the blueys (visa stickers) to the passports and return them by courier and when you have them in hand you are good to go. You'll have 12 months to activate the visas by crossing the border as a resident visa holder.
They already have my passport and I assume that the audit process is to ensure that there is no foul play on my application (making special payments). I must admit the hardest part was the initial application (completing the form) we really didn't think that we would be getting a decision so quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.