Help with the WHOLE process?!

Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default Help with the WHOLE process?!

Hi all any help would be great, my partner and I are looking to head out Decemeber 2010. We were planning on goin on work to residency on my visa as i qualify sept as a registered nurse (LTSL) but we have just discovered that we can not apply until i qualify and the visa will not come thro in time for DEC, SO were goin to look at going on my BF visa he is gas level NVQ 2 and will hopfully have a job offer from my brother who is working out in NZ already. The crucial factor is that we get out by end of dec, anyone got any suggestions that could help us or any other info, if all else fails we will have to go over on working holiday but this scares me as i would hate to not be able to change our visa whilst in NZ and have to return to the UK.
Also anyone got any prices or advice about the medical, do we go thro our GP or go sraight for private sector?
It's abit of a race to get out and according to London office the waiting time is currently 4months not including process time for EOI.
Please help, my head is scrambled with the whole process!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Help with the WHOLE process?!

Hi

Re your medicals. You have to go to a doctor that Immigration New Zealand have listed as one who can do the medical you cannot go to your GP. I notice that you live in Liverpool and we live near there too, there is a doctor that does these immigration medicals in Toxteth. After we had both had our medicals with him (for Parent Visas) we then jumped a taxi to Rodney Street and had our Chest x-rays taken. When you have your medical you have to pay there and then for everything. We paid the radiologist separately for the chest x-rays. The chest x-ray results/reports get sent to the doctor and then these are put in with the medical reports. We got our x-ray films back but you do not need to send them off to London. Might come in handy for a total eclipse in the future!

There is a place in Manchester where my daughter who is a nurse, went to, and they have the x-ray facility in the same building. Also, the fees are quite varied between all these doctors so if money is an issue I would ring a few up, bearing in mind the distance you would have to travel. There is also a doctor in Preston that does medicals too.

To find out the name of these doctors you need to go on the immigration web site which is www.immigration.govt.nz/london and follow the links.

Good luck.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default Re: Help with the WHOLE process?!

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Hi

Re your medicals. You have to go to a doctor that Immigration New Zealand have listed as one who can do the medical you cannot go to your GP. I notice that you live in Liverpool and we live near there too, there is a doctor that does these immigration medicals in Toxteth. After we had both had our medicals with him (for Parent Visas) we then jumped a taxi to Rodney Street and had our Chest x-rays taken. When you have your medical you have to pay there and then for everything. We paid the radiologist separately for the chest x-rays. The chest x-ray results/reports get sent to the doctor and then these are put in with the medical reports. We got our x-ray films back but you do not need to send them off to London. Might come in handy for a total eclipse in the future!

There is a place in Manchester where my daughter who is a nurse, went to, and they have the x-ray facility in the same building. Also, the fees are quite varied between all these doctors so if money is an issue I would ring a few up, bearing in mind the distance you would have to travel. There is also a doctor in Preston that does medicals too.

To find out the name of these doctors you need to go on the immigration web site which is www.immigration.govt.nz/london and follow the links.

Good luck.
Many thanks Paula thats really good info, how far along in the process are you? Im so confused by the whole thing! x
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help with the WHOLE process?!

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hi all any help would be great, my partner and I are looking to head out December 2010.
Kia Ora again

We were planning on going on work to residency on my visa as i qualify sept as a registered nurse (LTSL) but we have just discovered that we can not apply until i qualify and the visa will not come thro in time for DEC
The above is a bit muddled.

If you mean a WTR visa with an accredited employer , then you need a job offer first and the contract should be full-time for $55K pa

Yes. You do need to be registered.

As your occupation is on the long term shortage list then perhaps you should consider going for PR under the points system once qualified and registered.

, SO were going to look at going on my BF visa he is gas level NVQ 2
How ? An NVQ2 isn't an acceptable level for the NZ PGDB . The NZIS look to the PGDB for confirmation of trade standard achieved as per previous posts.

and will hopfully have a job offer from my brother who is working out in NZ already.
If you gain PR through your nursing status , then your BF will be given an open work visa. He could then take up an offer of employment from your brother.

Although gasfitting is on the immediate shortage list , NZIS will still want to see that the vacancy is genuine. You can't just make a job to fit a person. It has to be for real.

The crucial factor is that we get out by end of dec,
Why?

anyone got any suggestions that could help us or any other info, if all else fails we will have to go over on working holiday but this scares me as i would hate to not be able to change our visa whilst in NZ and have to return to the UK.
If your circumstances change , then of course you can apply for a different visa. Nothing to stop you.

Also anyone got any prices or advice about the medical, do we go thro our GP or go sraight for private sector?
You will use an NZIS panel doctor.

It's abit of a race to get out and according to London office the waiting time is currently 4months not including process time for EOI.
Please help, my head is scrambled with the whole process!!
My head is scrambled too.

Please have a read of the NZIS website