Help please with EOI and family members

Old Apr 1st 2010, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Martin234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please with EOI and family members

I've been filling the EOI form out and have got to the part about family members. I know you get extra points for family living in NZ and my partner has a Uncle and Aunt there who have said they will act as a guarantor for us, but the form say's it has to be "adult brother or sister, adult child, or parent " although “aunty and uncle” are on the drop down menu. Does anyone know if we can we include Aunt and Uncle and get the extra points?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 3:21 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please with EOI and family members

If they are on the drop down menu then I would put them in, worst case they remove the points but if you don't put them in you won't get the points anyway...

It sounds like the menu and text are out of step but unless it specifies which is correct in the manual you can't tell. Put em down and see.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help please with EOI and family members

I'd say no to the bonus points, but having other family already in New Zealand will enhance the application re. settling..

Please read.

Originally Posted by NZIS operations manual
SM17.5 Close family in New Zealand
SM17.5.1 Aim and Intent
The aim of providing bonus points for close family in New Zealand is to recognise that the presence of close family enhances prospects for employability and settlement.
SM17.5.5 Close family in New Zealand
  1. A principal applicant qualifies for 10 points for a close family member in New Zealand if that close family member:
    1. is the adult sibling or adult child, or parent, of a principal applicant, or of the principal applicant's partner included in the application; and
    2. is in New Zealand; and
    3. is a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under s18A of the Immigration Act 1987.