Has anyone been refused a NZ visa?

Old May 17th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Has anyone been refused a NZ visa?

Hi

I applied for a WHV in March and my application has been referred to the Medical Assessor as I have a cochlear implant. I have been fighting for the past 5 weeks as the 1st time round they wanted some more info. Then 2nd time round (this week) they needed even more info. I just hate the waiting!

I had anticipate to leave the UK end of June so I can visit Sydney on the way and enter NZ before I turn 31 in early September.

Has anyone been refused a visa because of a medical problem?

Thanks,
Claire
Old May 18th 2009, 9:51 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone been refused a NZ visa?

Hi Claire,
I am in the same boat...
Applied for a work visa two months ago... Referred to Medical Assessor within a week. Came back after an other week for more info which was provided within 10 days. Then came back again 4 weeks later saying it was insufficient. When we provided exactly what was required.
The additional report was submitted today and hoping to hear soon!

I was going to post similar thread but thought if someone has been refused they may not be on here anymore... no?

Good luck to ya
Old May 18th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I was refused my PR because of my BMI, but I was lucky I just had to lose weight, which I did and reapplied 8 months later and got my PR.

Sorry I cant be much help, but good luck. ( I know how you both feel)

Good luck.
Old May 19th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

whithout trying to sound to personal how big was you i,m on the borderline my self, and how much did u lose and how did u do it,

cheers Neil
Old May 19th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
whithout trying to sound to personal how big was you i,m on the borderline my self, and how much did u lose and how did u do it,

cheers Neil
No problem, my BMI was 50 (when I was turned down) when I reapplied it was 34.6

Karen
Old May 20th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

i,m 39 so am just under, but i am big boned

How did u lose the weight ???

Neil (not jan cos she is tiny) lol