had medicals today

Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all
Default had medicals today

all done, although was a bit shocked when the doctor asked to see my lady area to prove i was a female! is this normal or did i just have a pervy doctor!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: had medicals today

Well out of line! Did you ask for a chaperone?

Alison
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

i was offered one but didn't think i needed one, oh my god didn't anyone else have to do it! please let me know if you did or this could be quite serious. i thought it was standard although the fact that i went there with my 2 kids should have been proof enough.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:46 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stasia
i was offered one but didn't think i needed one, oh my god didn't anyone else have to do it! please let me know if you did or this could be quite serious. i thought it was standard although the fact that i went there with my 2 kids should have been proof enough.
I have never, in my extensive reading on the subject, seen anything to suggest that an applicant has to prove their gender at the medical.

You might want to check with NZ immigration first before getting the doctor struck off.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for my medical this afternoon - I'll let you know if its standard practise!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

thank you and good luck just be prepared if they ask!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

all done, although was a bit shocked when the doctor asked to see my lady area to prove i was a female! is this normal or did i just have a pervy doctor!!!!!
Do you look like a man then... Only joking mate..Sorry, i had to do it..
Seriously tho, i would not think that was not normal practice! Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Id look into it, if he's a perv im sure he will be happy to refund you all ya medical costs etc if you start to cause a stir.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Well Stasia, the male doc I saw for medical today didn't want proof of me being female! He did offer me a breast check but I declined (I think he was relieved!)

Sorry you experienced such an uncomfortable examination.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

no way!!! will call immigration and find out whats going on! what i first thought was a bit of a joke is turning out to be quite bad! and no i don't look male!!
thanks for that capp
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Did he do an internal as well? Cos if he were foing the looking, I would have expected a full pelvic exam.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Well Stasia, the male doc I saw for medical today didn't want proof of me being female! He did offer me a breast check but I declined (I think he was relieved!)

Sorry you experienced such an uncomfortable examination.
have emailed immigration to find out for sure hopefully will get a reply within the next 3 days.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered telling the doctor how his comment/actions made you feel?

He was probably just checking for a femoral hernia, now that I actually think about it.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:02 am
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

though it doesn't compare to your experience, the eccentricity and nature of the doctor doing ours really made me nervous, far from my usual experiences with various GP's. I'm the first to admit I'm not a 'doctor person' but I really didn't feel comfortable.

for the majority I suspect though the medical is a complete none event.

In terms of your experience it would be impossible to give advice other than you know how you feel/felt and what was said. Whether you act on it or not depends purely on that.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

He was probably just checking for a femoral hernia, now that I actually think about it.

My doc checked for hernia by pressing on my groin and asking me to cough, but I had my underwear on, so I don't think that's the reason.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

mitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant future

maybe you should have shaved off your beard before you went ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.