British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Going out of our minds!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/going-out-our-minds-597777/)

Jo-Chris Mar 16th 2009 4:21 am

Going out of our minds!!

Hi,

We have just got back from NZ (hence why I am awake at 4am grr jet lag!). We had a great 3 weeks meeting recruitment agenices, employers etc and seeing some of the country:D.
Most said they would be able to help us as soon as we had our visa's and would keep us in mind if anything crops up in the meantime. I was soooo looking forward to going into work this week and telling them I was off to NZ but hubby say's I have to wait now!

All we can do now is keep checking the processing time at NZ house looks like a wait of 7 weeks to get a C/O - Driving us mad anyone else out there who keeps checking or am I the only one!!!!;)

Denise44 Mar 16th 2009 7:10 am

Re: Going out of our minds!!

Hi

Yes, me too.

We were only selected on Wednesday 11th March, but I check our status at least once a day!

I am getting all of the documents together but don't feel I can book medicals or arrange the police checks until the status changes to "successful".

I just want to feel like I'm doing something!!!!!!!!!

MooMoo290373 Mar 16th 2009 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Denise44 (Post 7383556)
Hi

Yes, me too.

We were only selected on Wednesday 11th March, but I check our status at least once a day!

I am getting all of the documents together but don't feel I can book medicals or arrange the police checks until the status changes to "successful".

Thats excatly how i feel, we are just sitting in limbo at the minute :eek:

Jo-Chris Mar 16th 2009 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Denise44 (Post 7383556)
Hi

Yes, me too.

Good luck with getting your ITA it shouldn't take too long ours took about 2 weeks. Then things will start moving again for you but then there is the long wait following submittting the ITA! Its a waiting game!!!

helenlhoppy Mar 16th 2009 11:28 am

Hi, I'm in limbo too. Still abusing the NZIM login button. Waiting for a CO.....:(

Paula2007 Mar 16th 2009 3:01 pm

We are the opposite way round to you all - we have had our Police Checks/Medicals etc., and have found out that it could take up to 2 years for a Case Officer to be allocated - Parent Visa!!!! :curse:

tturner1 Mar 16th 2009 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 7383320)
Hi,

We have just got back from NZ (hence why I am awake at 4am grr jet lag!). We had a great 3 weeks meeting recruitment agenices, employers etc and seeing some of the country:D.
Most said they would be able to help us as soon as we had our visa's and would keep us in mind if anything crops up in the meantime. I was soooo looking forward to going into work this week and telling them I was off to NZ but hubby say's I have to wait now!

All we can do now is keep checking the processing time at NZ house looks like a wait of 7 weeks to get a C/O - Driving us mad anyone else out there who keeps checking or am I the only one!!!!;)

Hi jo-chris
we are in the same boat as you, we submitted ITA on 12th feb 2009, lodged 16th feb, with job offer. Got acknowledgement letter 2 days ago, still in limbo, notice given in at work!!!!, no case officer as yet help, they havent asked for any more information re. ITA. addicted to checking the phone for messages, addicted to checking status on line. Going crazy!!!
Turner family

anniiee Mar 21st 2009 8:10 am

Hi glad its not just us that are pulling our hair out !! I eventualy emailed NZIS 3 weeks ago they told me we had been assigned a CO and basicaly just be patient we've heard nothing from this CO :( also checking answerphone emails etc hourly...lol
Good Luck to everyone :thumbup:

strawbie Mar 21st 2009 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by anniiee (Post 7403619)
Hi glad its not just us that are pulling our hair out !! I eventualy emailed NZIS 3 weeks ago they told me we had been assigned a CO and basicaly just be patient we've heard nothing from this CO :( also checking answerphone emails etc hourly...lol
Good Luck to everyone :thumbup:

Wow!! sounds like they're really busy!! ours took 2 months to be assigned a Co, that was in august. I guess they have more applicants in the new year!! its a pretty long process and an anxious one too!!
good luck:thumbsup: