Getting ITA for the second time

Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting ITA for the second time

Dear Folks,

I am Swami from India. I submitted my EOI during July and got it selected during the subsequent selection. I received my ITA within the next 1 week too. I had four months of time to submit all the relevant documents.

During this time my partner became pregnant and I didn't complete the medicals for her, fearing some complications. So I missed my chance of submitting it before November.

Now I plan to do it again sometime during Feb, so that the medicals can be carried on both of us during April. my questions are...

1. Can I submit my EOI now ?? and will there be any problem in the re selection of my EOI??
2. If I submit now, I will have time till May for submission of my documents. But, do I need to take up the IELTS test ??
3. What is the chance of getting a PR as I am little worried about the Work for Residence visa??
4. I am from Information Technology Industry and my partner is from that too?? Do I need to have a job offer for getting the PR?? or to be specific, what are the criteria for one to get PR instead of Work to Residence(WTR)??
5. How long does it take for the approval of the PR or WTR to happen??
6. Do I need to take up the visa interview along with my partner??

Regards
Swami
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Getting ITA for the second time

Missed to mention in the earlier thread.

I am trying out possibility of immigrating to Australia or New Zealand and would like to get insight on this...

Swami
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:13 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi Swami,

I haven't a clue about Aussie immigration.

For New Zealand immigration information please see => http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

But, I had quite a few queries on NZL immigration which I have listed in my earlier post, viz,

I submitted my EOI during July and got it selected during the subsequent selection. I received my ITA within the next 1 week too. I had four months of time to submit all the relevant documents.

During this time my partner became pregnant and I didn't complete the medicals for her, fearing some complications. So I missed my chance of submitting it before November.

Now I plan to do it again sometime during Feb, so that the medicals can be carried on both of us during April. my questions are...

1. Can I submit my EOI now ?? and will there be any problem in the re selection of my EOI??
2. If I submit now, I will have time till May for submission of my documents. But, do I need to take up the IELTS test ??
3. What is the chance of getting a PR as I am little worried about the Work for Residence visa??
4. I am from Information Technology Industry and my partner is from that too?? Do I need to have a job offer for getting the PR?? or to be specific, what are the criteria for one to get PR instead of Work to Residence(WTR)??

Can you please give your response to the above queries??

Thanks
Swami
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:43 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by swami
I submitted my EOI during July and got it selected during the subsequent selection. I received my ITA within the next 1 week too. I had four months of time to submit all the relevant documents.
So, you have experience of the EOI process and how it works. You were apparently successful and had your EOI drawn from the pool.

Did you contact New Zealand Immigration Service? Did you do anything about collecting your documentation?

No worries. You can submit all you want, but you know that you will have to pay the fees each time.
That depends. Are you a native English speaker? Has your educational and professional background been in an English speaking environment?
Your chances are better if you have a job offer and over 140 points.
You do not strictly need a job offer to get PR, but you would have to have over 140 points and a skill that NZIS feels would benefit New Zealand.

Sorry, I can't say much about the Work-to-Residency route as I have no experience in that area.
You didn't read the link, did you? Oh well.

The draws for the EOIs are fortnightly. If you are successful you will be notified. As to how long it takes to recieve your ITA, who knows? It seems to vary.
Yes, probably to show evidence to NZIS that you are in a stable and genuine relationship.

Can you please give your response to the above queries??

Thanks
Swami
You know, Swami. You stated that you had already submitted an EOI and received an ITA. A lot of this information you should be well aware of already. What's going on?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

In fact I kept NZIS informed with a mail about my inability in applying, just after my ITA expiry date.

I am not a native English speaker, but I had all my education in English even my work environment is primarily having English as communication language. Is it in the discretion of NZIS accessing officer in asking for IELTS in my case??

Thanks a lot for your response to most of my queries. I collected many informations about NZL. But, I am little concerned only on the Work to Residence and the EOI submission again.

Regards
Swami
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:22 pm

In fact I kept NZIS informed with a mail about my inability in applying, just after my ITA expiry date.
You should have informed them before the expiry date, but never mind.

I am not a native English speaker, but I had all my education in English even my work environment is primarily having English as communication language. Is it in the discretion of NZIS accessing officer in asking for IELTS in my case??
There is some discretion built into the system. For example, let's say you came here and worked on a temporary work permit for a year. The work was in an English speaking environment. You then could ask NZIS for a waiver for the IELTS requirement.

If your English is of a reasonable standard I don't see why you would worry to much about the IELTS requirement.

Thanks a lot for your response to most of my queries. I collected many informations about NZL. But, I am little concerned only on the Work to Residence and the EOI submission again.

Regards
Swami
For the Work-to-Residence scheme be aware that you will need to find an employer that is willing to pay the required NZ$50,000 year.

An option that you may want to consider is to find an employer and apply to NZIS for a temporary work visa if you are outside New Zealand or a temporary work permit if you are inside New Zealand. This will give you time to sort yourself out here and gives you a bit more flexibility - the main advantage is that it's rather a simple process.

Good luck.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks again for the response. The truth is, I had been trying to find an Information Technology job through some consultant in NZL for 6 months now, so that the temporary work permit can be obtained, but no success.

They always insist on work permit even for the offer

Hence started applying my Visa..

I think its tough to get an offer without a work permit

Swami
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:04 am

You really need to come here. You can imagine how many CVs that employers get from overseas from people that may or may not decide to immigrate to New Zealand. You would be better served if you perhaps came here on a tourist visa and devoted your time to job interviewing. Boots on the ground show prospective employers that you are serious about working in New Zealand and not just using the employer as a way to obtain PR.

Good luck.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Its Absolutely true. I should show the commitment on that, only than Employers would believe guys like me to give the job. I should do that. But I am serious in moving to NZL for sure.

Thanks
Swami