Family Category (Parents)

Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

lavalamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Family Category (Parents)

Hi
We sent off our EOI on the 29th September under Tier 1, our daughter is sponsoring us. The next draw is on the 16th November, not sure if we will be picked from this draw (fingers crossed). If we are picked can anyone tell me how long before they let you know if you have been picked.
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Category (Parents)

web site says 6mths for tier one.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:16 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Well that page says the queue of Tier1 EOIs (ie the time to be selected from the pool as it states), is about 6mths but once picked I'd expect you to be advised of being picked pretty quickly, then wait for a case officer to be allocated etc etc within the 4-6mths processing time it quotes.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

cohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nice

Hi we were selected in the August draw and found out virtually straightaway. They are quoting that you get visa around 4 to 6 months but read <snip> that some people have already got their visa from the August selection.
good luck
Colin

Hi again forgot to mention that on <snip> they quote numbers already in the system and they'll be able to tell you if the November selection is already oversubscribed. i have a feeling in may be but you could well be among that number.
Colin
Nottinghamshire

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 30th 2012 at 12:27 am. Reason: looks a bit spammy
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As with most categories, the parent category is oversubscribed & has been for years

Tier 1 takes presidence as we all know. I rather think that Tier 1 will take up all the places in the draws for a number of years to come. AFAIK they are drawn in date order.

To see how many applications are currently 'in hand' go to the skilled migrant fortnightly factsheet and scroll to the bottom of the sheet.

Latest factsheet HERE
Old Oct 30th 2012, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Family Category (Parents)

Originally Posted by cohurst
Hi we were selected in the August draw and found out virtually straightaway. They are quoting that you get visa around 4 to 6 months but read <snip> that some people have already got their visa from the August selection.
good luck
Colin

Hi again forgot to mention that on <snip> they quote numbers already in the system and they'll be able to tell you if the November selection is already oversubscribed. i have a feeling in may be but you could well be among that number.
Colin
Nottinghamshire
Hi Thanks for info. Can you tell me how I get onto this <snip> that you mention to find out if the November selection is already over-subscribed. Just realised that the <snip> is where Bev has taken out the name. Would still like it.

Regards
Lynda

Last edited by lavalamp; Oct 30th 2012 at 8:13 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 9:17 pm
`

Originally Posted by lavalamp
Hi Thanks for info. Can you tell me how I get onto this <snip> that you mention to find out if the November selection is already over-subscribed. Just realised that the <snip> is where Bev has taken out the name. Would still like it.

Regards
Lynda
I will send you the name via private message. No problem.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 31st 2012 at 12:07 am. Reason: adjusted as far too long and windy an explanation.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

cohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nice

Hi Lynda
I think that this site dosn't like any reference to it's competitor site so it snips them out. <snip> I think you can find the info on the Nz Emigration site.
Let me know if you get stuck
Colin
Ps were does your daughter live in Nz?

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 31st 2012 at 12:05 am. Reason: Please read the BE rules. You have just 4 posts in 18 months so this looks spammy to me.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 12:33 am
`

Hi Lynda
I think that this site dosn't like any reference to it's competitor site so it snips them out. <snip> I think you can find the info on the Nz Emigration site.
Colin
Actually no . Not at all & the fact you have suggested this does make your posts look more promotional, not less TBH. There is plenty of room on the internet for all forums and website. BE is an international website. A free information exchange for all worldwide. It isn't in 'competition' . It doesn't need to.

Your post was snipped because you had made only 3 posts in around 18 months in total. Two of which were to suggest a website elsewhere .
As explained within the edit, this looked like stealth advertising or spammy to me. ( Rule 9) Had you been a regular poster contributing to the BE community I would not have seen any issue. People are frequently members of more than one site - nothing wrong with that . A search will show you that members do suggest other sites without problem, including other forums.

If you're not seeking to promote said website then please accept my apologies. You'd be surprised what some will do to gain advertising for their or their friend's own site/ business & just how much there is.

Please note that I have already supplied Lavalamp with the website name but as has already been pointed out by other regulars here and now by yourself, this information is readily available on the official NZIS website.

ps - Queries about moderation actions should be via PM & not on the open forum. Cheers.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 31st 2012 at 2:29 am. Reason: dyslexic spillin
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:56 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
this information is readily available on the official NZIS website..
And it is better to quote an official source if possible....
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Family Category (Parents)

Hi Lynda
Colin
Hi
Bev has sent me the website you are referring to. Will take a look. Hope I have not got anyone into trouble for requesting this. Both my daughters live in Hawkes Bay. Keeping fingers crossed we will be picked in the November draw.
Lynda
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually no . Not at all & the fact you have suggested this does make your posts look more promotional, not less TBH. There is plenty of room on the internet for all forums and website. BE is an international website. A free information exchange for all worldwide. It isn't in 'competition' . It doesn't need to.

Your post was snipped because you had made only 3 posts in around 18 months in total. Two of which were to suggest a website elsewhere .
As explained within the edit, this looked like stealth advertising or spammy to me. ( Rule 9) Had you been a regular poster contributing to the BE community I would not have seen any issue. People are frequently members of more than one site - nothing wrong with that . A search will show you that members do suggest other sites without problem, including other forums.

If you're not seeking to promote said website then please accept my apologies. You'd be surprised what some will do to gain advertising for their or their friend's own site/ business & just how much there is.

Please note that I have already supplied Lavalamp with the website name but as has already been pointed out by other regulars here and now by yourself, this information is readily available on the official NZIS website.

ps - Queries about moderation actions should be via PM & not on the open forum. Cheers.
Hi Bev
Thanks for the information. I hope I have not got Colin into trouble, but I have been trying to look at everything to get all the information I can. The waiting does make you impatient to find out everything you can.
Cheers Lynda
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:12 pm
`

The waiting does make you impatient to find out everything you can.
Cheers Lynda
I know. I feel your pain.

Me and him were right there, with the exact same concerns . When NZIS changed the SMC policy and points system just as we had submitted our EOI. I remember wondering if we had missed the boat really . He was 45 and I was 50. Draws from that brand new EOI pool were sky high, through the roof with points. It seemed to be all about young'uns with mega master degrees & I worried about selection. Then we got pulled in the 2nd /3rd draw and it became panic stations.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 31st 2012 at 9:14 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

alan118 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again
Can someone explain how long is "Pending" I have applied for the parent visa and on the NZ webb site it shows my 1st application and my 2nd EOI application which they received and acknowledged via email on the 17th August and they have told me that we are now on Tier 1 but next to each application it has Pending? HELP! thankyou again for your help
Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Bev
Thanks for the information. I hope I have not got Colin into trouble, but I have been trying to look at everything to get all the information I can. The waiting does make you impatient to find out everything you can.
Cheers Lynda
Hello
I seem to have unintentionally created a bit of controversy sorry about that. I know I've only posted a few times but intend to post more as we get closer to emigrating as I'm sure I'll benefit from the experience of others and this site seems more active than the 'other' one.
Cheers
Colin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.