EWRB registration advice for EOI

Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Post EWRB registration advice for EOI

Hi,
I have a job offer as a LineMechanic with supply company. They have said they will put me through the registration with the EWRB as soon as I start my employment. The problem I've got is that on the EOI it asks for a registration number which I won't have until I start work in NZ. Chicken and egg sort of thing. I will be going for a WTR visa. I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation. I don't want to submit the EOI (140 points) for it to be rejected. I realise there are ways to take some of the courses in the UK but not sure I need to if there is another way and I can take them when I start in NZ. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EWRB registration advice for EOI

Not quite sure if Im on the right track? but have you your provisional licence already? without a provisional you are not able to start employment. It would be best if you look at the E.W.R.B site it explains the system you have to go through. It takes quite a bit of time to sort ( I am in the process myself) but if you want any more info just PM me. cheers
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EWRB registration advice for EOI

You'll need leter from the EWRB stating that they will issue you a provisional licence, to get this letter you'll need to supply them with your qualifications and work experience and a reference from your employer. I'd give as much information in your list of work experience as you can, list everything you do as an individual skill, they seem to like long lists.
As nickandlyn said have a look at the EWRB website and download the application form. It will probably take about 6 weeks if they're happy with everything you sent them.
All of the above applies to going as a skilled migrant I'd assume it would be similar for WTR.
Good luck