Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Essential Visa- Job duties substantial match

Essential Visa- Job duties substantial match

Old Jun 7th 2018, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Nirpakh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Essential Visa- Job duties substantial match

I applied for essential skill work visa for position of Store Manager which falls under the Retail Manager job in ANZSCO list and the code for it is 142111. I received a letter from CO saying that my job description does not match with Store Manager position, instead of it, it matches with Store supervisor (ANZSCO code 621511). He mentioned that If i agree with his assessment, I need to provide Skill Match Report and they will give me 1 year visa. But my Job description covers most of the cores duties mentioned on ANZSCO website for Retail Manager.
So I didn't agree with his assessment and replied with Support letter from my employer that he wants to offload his duties for further expansion of business and I can take independent decisions related to the business. After 1 week, he rejected my application saying that even though your employer gives you authority to take independent decisions, still it is insufficient to cope with role of Store Manager.
They mentioned a chance for reconsideration of the application.
Will it help or should I accept Supervisor position as it will only get 1 year visa??
I got 27 days work visa left.
or Can I apply again on same documents or with revised Job Description?

Last edited by Nirpakh; Jun 7th 2018 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 8:34 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Visa- Job duties substantial match

we had this with my husbands job description, just ask the company to rewrite the job description to fit for a Managers role if that is what they are actually offering you, if they are not actually offering you a managers role as seen by Immigration then you have no choice but to go for supervisor. My husband had to have his rewritten 3 times before Immigration accepted it.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Nirpakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
we had this with my husbands job description, just ask the company to rewrite the job description to fit for a Managers role if that is what they are actually offering you, if they are not actually offering you a managers role as seen by Immigration then you have no choice but to go for supervisor. My husband had to have his rewritten 3 times before Immigration accepted it.
Thank you MrsFychan for your valuable reply. So your husband applied a new application with new duties??
and as it essential skilled work visa so do we need to advertise again for it?
Old Jun 8th 2018, 5:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry this was back in 2011 and a skilled migrant visa so he just had to keep submitting the job description until they were satisfied to keep the process going