Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Essential Skills Visa and Supplementary Employer Form

Essential Skills Visa and Supplementary Employer Form

Old Jan 21st 2020, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Melody2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Essential Skills Visa and Supplementary Employer Form

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on this forum and I have a question regarding the Essential Skills Visa and the Employer Supplementary Form. Firstly, let me explain, I have been emailed by an employer whom I worked for in a voluntary capacity. It was for a Residential Village and I was the stand-in Manager for 3 months as the new managers could not get move from their home to take on the role prior to the original managers leaving. Now, one and a half years on those managers have handed in their notice and will be leaving in under 3 months. The employer has emailed me to see if I am interested in the job but he doesn't realise I'm no longer living in NZ. I was only there as a tourist last time and would love to take this role on but my concern is explaining the essential skills visa process to someone who I assume knows nothing about it, as they are a small firm. What do you think my chances are of obtaining a visa with this job and what is the best way to explain my situation to this employer without putting him off? I know an employer has to show that they have advertised the role and can't find anyone suitable but how much evidence do they need to provide? Is an advertisement enough? I know on the form it mentions 'training' but I am already trained having worked there for 3 months, so could this work in my favour? What is the best way to approach this? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you for reading!
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 8:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Skills Visa and Supplementary Employer Form

my first take from your post was that you worked during a time you were in NZ as a visitor and want to use that work as a form of your suitability for the position. I know you say your did it voluntary but it does seem a bit strange they then employed previous and after and you gained nothing for the 3 months you undertook the work.

To be honest I think he would find it extremely difficult to prove he could not fill the position within NZ, they will need to show that they have advertised the position across the whole country and that they could not find anyone that would be able to fulfi the position, this is where you can see that they would be very hard to prove seeing as they have already filled the position twice in the last couple of years.