Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI still being validated.... 3 months now!!

EOI still being validated.... 3 months now!!

Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough
Default EOI still being validated.... 3 months now!!

Hi folks.

Our EOI was selected from the Pool in the first March draw this year... and we still haven't heard anything further!

Does it normally take this long to go through the preliminary 'vetting'?

Thanks,
JaneAS
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all
Default Re: EOI still being validated.... 3 months now!!

Hi JaneAS,

We are in the same position as you, but I phoned them this morning as I was starting to panic!

I was told, and I quote "it must still be on the pile waiting to be assessed"

I hope that makes you feel a little better, it's nice to know that we are not the only ones

How many points did you declare?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Phew - so it's not just us!!!

I think we had 125 points, but I am getting very nervous in case my degree doesn't qualify properly. It is a degree from the Open University, and is just a BSc. Over half the modules were in IT, so I am hoping it classes as an IT degree... we shall see!

How about you?

JaneAS
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all

Hi JaneAS,

Have you heard anything yet? We have still heard zip!:curse:

We submitted with 140 points, and I'm not sure if no news is good news or not!

Mrs SS
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

From my experience a friend with 145 points and no job offer took 5 months to get invited to apply.

I had 195 points with a job offer and got picked in 2 weeks and invited 2 weeks later.

It’s that application that’s dragging for me. With one serious health problem in my past they are being extra careful and send requests for lots of scans and reports.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

No reply yet.... I check the website daily... They say that no news is good news....

Is anyone still waiting for validation from the draws in February or earlier? Or does the backlog start with us!

Jane
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JaneAS
No reply yet.... I check the website daily... They say that no news is good news....

Is anyone still waiting for validation from the draws in February or earlier? Or does the backlog start with us!

Jane
Hi Jane,

I have just checked the site as well, and still nothing for us either!

Fingers crossed for us both

Mrs SS
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder how long we should leave it before trying to chase it up???

We have decided to start proceedings anyway, with regard to getting all our paperwork in order. I'm working on the basis that:

- if it is approved, we will be invited to apply (and will need all the paperwork lined up)

- it is gets bounced, I will try and get a job offer to boost the points total (and will therefore need all the paperwork lined up, so that we would be ready to leave at short notice)

Either way, I need to start working through a pile of documentation at home this weekend!!! Wish me luck!!! I've been contracting for 9 years, so I need to get proof of all my jobs / employers for that period...

Jane
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:18 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Your Open University qualification should be fine. The thing is that if you are pairing it up with IT experience your degree needs to state computer science or something like that.

Good luck.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:38 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Your Open University qualification should be fine. The thing is that if you are pairing it up with IT experience your degree needs to state computer science or something like that.

Good luck.
Ditto! My B.A.with Honours wasn't good enough, even though I work in IT. My points got knocked down and we were thrown back in the pool.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

ginny5577 will become famous soon enough

oh my God!
my partner and I are soon to embark on the EOI.... have to say that we have handed everything over to an immigration agent (at vast expense) my trade may be wanted but I am not the least bit academic! reading your news fills me with dread!
Good luck to us all!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please do not do the Dread thing Ginny. It plays havoc with the wrinkles.

EOIs that have a job offer attached to them will be prioritised as NZIS will want to ensure the NZ employer gets their employee.

Anything else really joins the queue in order of points and the skills needed and wanted.

How many points do you have ?

If you can't answer this then let us know the following for the both of you

ages
qualifications
skills
years of work experience in the field you have your quals in.

and of course

what you work at now.

Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:52 am
`

Originally Posted by Suicide Sheep
Hi JaneAS,

Have you heard anything yet? We have still heard zip!:curse:

We submitted with 140 points, and I'm not sure if no news is good news or not!

Mrs SS
This should be an automatic selection, but they are changing the rules right now.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
This should be an automatic selection, but they are changing the rules right now.
Bevs

Have you any idea what the criteria is for NZIS to work through the pile? I know of people that submitted the same time as us, claiming less points and with no job offer that heard something back weeks ago (whether it be good or bad news!)

Cheers
Mrs SS
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:34 pm
`

Originally Posted by Suicide Sheep
Bevs

Have you any idea what the criteria is for NZIS to work through the pile? I know of people that submitted the same time as us, claiming less points and with no job offer that heard something back weeks ago (whether it be good or bad news!)

Cheers
Mrs SS
Looking at those dates, you should contact NZIS direct and ask about your EOI, telling them when it was selected & that you're a bit worried its somehow 'lost'. If nothing else it will bring the application to someones attention and hopefully you'll get some action. They should also be able to tell you where in the queue your application is . i.e. how much longer it will take. At least then you will know what time line you have.
We had to do this with our first work visas to get 'em moving.

Be prepared when you phone though, NZIS always err on the side of caution when talking about processing dates.

IMHO you should have heard something by now !

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 28th 2007 at 10:38 pm. Reason: add a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.