EOI / NZQA full assessment / Accountants

Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

vaasan is an unknown quantity at this point
Post EOI / NZQA full assessment / Accountants

Hello guys,

I have been visiting this forum and found very informative. Thank you all for making this site useful for new users.

I am an Accountant by profession (with bachelor's degree in commerce and more than 10 years of experience which includes 3 years in Canada). My spouse also has same degree majoring Accountancy. We are planning to migrate to NZ on skill migrant category and I score 120 points. I have completed online EOI (with preliminary NZQA ref numbers), but have not submitted yet. I would like to seek some clarification on the following:

1) By holding bachelor degree in commerce, can I state that I am under ABSOLUTE SKILLS SHORTAGE LIST (longterm skills shortage)?

In order to score more points, if I go for NZQA and NZICA full assessment of my international qualifications and work experience, that might take more than a year. Also, I am not sure whether they will assess me at more than level 7.

So, Can I submit my EOI scoring 120 points now and subsequently work towards acquiring full assessments and professional membership / registration? Do you guys think that I would get selected at this point level?

I would greatly appreciate if someone help me with this.
Thanks,
V.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:17 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: EOI / NZQA full assessment / Accountants

Originally Posted by vaasan
In order to score more points, if I go for NZQA and NZICA full assessment of my international qualifications and work experience, that might take more than a year.
Wow, I have heard that NZQA can sometimes drag its heels, but a year? Whew...