EOI & LTBV - Apply at same time

Old Jun 19th 2010, 9:30 am
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI & LTBV - Apply at same time

I only have 125 points with no job offer so being pulled from the EOI pool looks unlikely. I am therefore currently applying for a Long Term Business Visa. However, I am wondering if I can also apply for a Skilled Migrant visa at the same time to hedge my bets.

Am I allowed to do this?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 8:44 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI & LTBV - Apply at same time

Originally Posted by anewstart
I only have 125 points with no job offer so being pulled from the EOI pool looks unlikely. I am therefore currently applying for a Long Term Business Visa. However, I am wondering if I can also apply for a Skilled Migrant visa at the same time to hedge my bets.

Am I allowed to do this?
Hmmm, you may have confused things slightly, the EOI is a route into PR (permanent residence), via the Skilled migrant catagory, if you have enough points you can get PR without a job offer but you have no offer and are light on points but you can view the selections made in previous fortnightly selections to see your chances of being pulled out.

Then the is Work to Residence (WTR), WTR is available under several policies (one of which is the LTBV) however most WTRs will need a job offer or your occupation needs to be on the LTSSL (Long Term Skills Shortage List).

So, long story short(er), if EOI/PR isn't going to fly due to lack of points then WTR is the next possibility, for which you need an occupation on the LTSSL or a job offer or go the LTBV route (apparantly not an easy route to take).

Are you on the LTSSL (or ISSL) lists?

Any other type of work visa obviously needs a job offer or won't fly.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm buying and running a business in NZ so the LTBV allows me a route via this 3 year visa which I'll then look to convert to PR mid way through the visa.

My EOI is a total of 125 points and I dont have a job offer.Looking at recent EOI point totals being pulled, unless I have a job offer the chances don't look good. The LTBV does not require a job offer as I'll be running my own business. It's not my preferred route - but, I don't want to chance 6 months in the EOI pool only to not be picked.

If I could enter both at the same time that could help give me a choice. If I got pulled from the EOI pool - great, I'll go down that PR route. But if I dont I still have a shot with the LTBV. I don't want to exhaust one route then start agin down another. So, I'm wondering if I can enter both visa routes at the same time.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:22 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I donĀ“t believe there is anything to stop you - but only you can decide if putting the EOI fee is worth it in despite not enough points to be pulled and no realistic prospect of that changing - unless you intend to seek a job offer in parallel?

I understand not wanting to play snakes and ladders back to the start though
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:29 am
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anewstart
I'm buying and running a business in NZ so the LTBV allows me a route via this 3 year visa which I'll then look to convert to PR mid way through the visa.

My EOI is a total of 125 points and I dont have a job offer.Looking at recent EOI point totals being pulled, unless I have a job offer the chances don't look good. The LTBV does not require a job offer as I'll be running my own business. It's not my preferred route - but, I don't want to chance 6 months in the EOI pool only to not be picked.

If I could enter both at the same time that could help give me a choice. If I got pulled from the EOI pool - great, I'll go down that PR route. But if I dont I still have a shot with the LTBV. I don't want to exhaust one route then start agin down another. So, I'm wondering if I can enter both visa routes at the same time.
Hi anewstart
Can I ask what you decided to do?
Are you already in NZ or not?