EOI / ITA - Use a previous visa medical?

Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default EOI / ITA - Use a previous visa medical?

OK, I was granted a 3 year work permit last month and the wife had a medical done last week so we can apply for the spouse work permit.

BUT, we want to apply for PR and the only thing stopping us was the possible timescales meaning our current visa (Working Holiday) would expire, which is why we went the work permit route. This has now changed as I have a 3yr work permit now.

Well, question is, can you use a previous medical from a visa app on the EOI/ITA submission? I noticed on the Work Permit application it said if you had submitted a medical / police check with a previous application in the last 6 months then give the application number? Is this the same with the EOI / ITA?

Was thinking if we can use the previous medical then we'll go striaght for this now, which would save us applying for the wifes work permit and using the med on that.

I've tried ringing immigration but spent an hour on hold today and got nowhere.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:22 pm

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EOI / ITA - Use a previous visa medical?

sorry to state the obvious but why not go into an NZ immigration place and speak to someone face to face. they are pretty helpfull like that.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there AndyR.

I think this will all be in the timing. You would need to be submitting an ITA within less than 3 months of having that medical done.
As the meds and xrays have already been submitted, you would need the reference number to cross-checked back to the work permit application.
Having written the above, NZIS could require a further medical regardless if they feel it necessary.

Please read what NZIS has to say.

A4.20 Medical and X-ray certificates: residence applications
  1. Applications for residence must include, at the time the application is lodged, a fully completed Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate NZIS 1007 for every person included in the application. Note:Pregnant women and children under 11 years of age are not required to have an X-ray examination.
  2. All Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificates must have been issued less than three months before the date the application for residence is made. (The issue date of a Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate is the date of the declaration by the examining physician concerning the overall findings of the medical examination.)
  3. Visa and immigration officers may require a further Medical and Chest X-Ray Certificate as a basis for determining an application for residence, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether the applicant has an acceptable standard of health.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pestman
sorry to state the obvious but why not go into an NZ immigration place and speak to someone face to face. they are pretty helpfull like that.
No I know that, problem is I tried already as the person in the Auckland branch said they didn't know as they only deal with work/visitor/student visas there

So I tried calling Immigration but the last 3 days you get the automated message of "we are very busy due to staff shortages out of our control" and was on hold for 45 minutes.

Luckily though on the 4th attempt yesterday and probably near 2 hours on hold in total I got through, and yes as long as the meds under 3 months I can use that.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there AndyR.

I think this will all be in the timing. You would need to be submitting an ITA within less than 3 months of having that medical done.
As the meds and xrays have already been submitted, you would need the reference number to cross-checked back to the work permit application.
Having written the above, NZIS could require a further medical regardless if they feel it necessary.

Please read what NZIS has to say.
Thanks yeah found this out yesterday. Looks like my wifes will be OK as she just had heres done but I will probably need another one as it will be cutting it close.

Immi also told me that EOIs are taking 9-12 weeks to process, and ITA is 9-15 months now! So looks like I still have to apply for my wifes spouse work permit anyway as if they do take that long her current visa will expire.

Oh well, dont mind, as long as it all comes good in the end I'll jump through whatever hoops they want

Thx again!