EOI Couple of question

Old May 14th 2012, 10:39 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Couple of question

Hello,

I have submitted my EOI on 12 March 2012. I own a bachelor of computer engineering but i work as a java developer.

So, my first question is that in the question numbered A17 in the EOI application which states "what is your main occupation?" i have chosen (261312 Developer Programmer) but i noticed also there is other occupation in the list which is (261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec)
is my choice correct or should I change it to (261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec)?

My second question is that I & my wife are not English natives but I passed IELTS with a band score 7.0, and so i didn't include her in my application since i have to pay about 6200 NZD as a tuition fees for her English course. I wonder, if i succeeded to go to NZ first, how can i bring her? how long it may take? can she apply for vistor visa and then we can change her visa type under the family visa category?

i know my questions are long and might be stupid. But i will appreciate any helpful advice.

Thanx alot
wolfheart_2001 is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 1:13 am
  #2  
Queen of the Underworld
 
Persephone's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: In NZ!
Posts: 4,785
Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

I can't answer your first question not being in computer programming myself so I would say choose whichever seems most appropriate.

Things could get interesting if you wanted to bring your wife later on after leaving her off the EOI. Did you say that you were married on the EOI?
It looks like there is no way for her to avoid the English speaking requirements: see this from NZIS website under family partnership applications:
And, if you were eligible as a partner in an earlier application, you must meet an English language requirementIf you were eligible to be included as a partner of a principal applicant in an earlier successful application under the General Skills, Residence from Work, Skilled Migrant, Business Immigration or Business Investor categories, but were not at the time included in the application, you will have to meet the requirements of the English Language policy applying at the time you make your application under the Partnership Category.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ed/default.htm
Obviously this is to avoid the situation you have proposed above thereby avoiding paying for English language tuition.

She would settle into NZ a lot better if she could speak English. How are you planning on her living here without speaking the language? How about taking an intensive course where you are and having her sit IELTS. It looks like she'll have to do it anyway
You'd also have to explain to NZIS on a later partnership application why you were no longer living together and that would bring up the 'why was she not included on the EOI' question.
Persephone is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 2:54 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 66
aiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Regarding your first question, you can refer to the definition of ANZSCO:
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?OpenDocument

They have the definition of each occupation including the tasks performed.
Good luck for your application.
aiki is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 9:41 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
I can't answer your first question not being in computer programming myself so I would say choose whichever seems most appropriate.

Things could get interesting if you wanted to bring your wife later on after leaving her off the EOI. Did you say that you were married on the EOI?
It looks like there is no way for her to avoid the English speaking requirements: see this from NZIS website under family partnership applications:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ed/default.htm
Obviously this is to avoid the situation you have proposed above thereby avoiding paying for English language tuition.

She would settle into NZ a lot better if she could speak English. How are you planning on her living here without speaking the language? How about taking an intensive course where you are and having her sit IELTS. It looks like she'll have to do it anyway
You'd also have to explain to NZIS on a later partnership application why you were no longer living together and that would bring up the 'why was she not included on the EOI' question.

Yes, i said, we are married but she wasn't included in the EOI. This is because of our weak economy in my country EGYPT, I earn 1400$ a month and actually i spend them all or save 200$ if possible(BTW, This is above a good salary in my country). That's why i try to avoid paying the 6200 NZD for now. I have thought that i need 2 month's after i settle in NZ and find a job and earn salary of 2 months so that i can buy the tuition voucher of the English course. I know that i can apply for her the Residence Application under Family Category, but as i know this would take from 3 to 6 month's. Actually, i can't live without my family all this time. So, the main point of my question was if it's possible to apply the "Residence Application under Family Category" while she holds a Visitor visa and while she is in NZ? or She should be out of NZ when she apply for such application?

I tell you. I'll speak honestly about why not having included my wife in my EOI if they asked me. I don't see it's something to be ashamed of if your country economy that bad and you don't have additional 6200 NZD at present.

Anyway, thanks for your reply
wolfheart_2001 is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 9:48 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by aiki View Post
Regarding your first question, you can refer to the definition of ANZSCO:
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]?OpenDocument

They have the definition of each occupation including the tasks performed.
Good luck for your application.
Thank you a lot, that was very helpful
wolfheart_2001 is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 10:13 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 126
hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by wolfheart_2001 View Post
Yes, i said, we are married but she wasn't included in the EOI. This is because of our weak economy in my country EGYPT, I earn 1400$ a month and actually i spend them all or save 200$ if possible(BTW, This is above a good salary in my country). That's why i try to avoid paying the 6200 NZD for now. I have thought that i need 2 month's after i settle in NZ and find a job and earn salary of 2 months so that i can buy the tuition voucher of the English course. I know that i can apply for her the Residence Application under Family Category, but as i know this would take from 3 to 6 month's. Actually, i can't live without my family all this time. So, the main point of my question was if it's possible to apply the "Residence Application under Family Category" while she holds a Visitor visa and while she is in NZ? or She should be out of NZ when she apply for such application?

I tell you. I'll speak honestly about why not having included my wife in my EOI if they asked me. I don't see it's something to be ashamed of if your country economy that bad and you don't have additional 6200 NZD at present.

Anyway, thanks for your reply
But until the time you will get the visa you can enroll her in any training institute to let her learn english, As the higher she will get in IELTS the minimum you will pay. believe me it is not hard to pass IELTS by band 5 as this is the minimum requirement from INZ. Any way you should include her in the EOI to prevent the obstacles which you can face in the future. you don't know what are the changes come for this category.
hmlamie is offline  
Old May 16th 2012, 2:20 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by hmlamie View Post
But until the time you will get the visa you can enroll her in any training institute to let her learn english, As the higher she will get in IELTS the minimum you will pay. believe me it is not hard to pass IELTS by band 5 as this is the minimum requirement from INZ. Any way you should include her in the EOI to prevent the obstacles which you can face in the future. you don't know what are the changes come for this category.
You are right, believe me i would add her to my EOI if i had enough confidence that she would get the minimum of IELTS score(5.0) or i could secure the funds for the English course voucher. Her English is so weak and she may need at least 6 month's of intensive course to say that she can pass IELTS. If you are married and have a daughter who is 1 year old then you would knew that this sounds imaginary.

Thanks for your concern
wolfheart_2001 is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 7:09 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 126
hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by wolfheart_2001 View Post
You are right, believe me i would add her to my EOI if i had enough confidence that she would get the minimum of IELTS score(5.0) or i could secure the funds for the English course voucher. Her English is so weak and she may need at least 6 month's of intensive course to say that she can pass IELTS. If you are married and have a daughter who is 1 year old then you would knew that this sounds imaginary.

Thanks for your concern
By the way, i am egyptian too, and i completely understand what you said. The issue is that you have 2 ways, either to pay or to pass the IELTS exam. i am trying to find a way to you, but it is quiet difficult. From my point of view, it is not right to not include your wife in EOI as i told you, you will face some troubles when you try to include her in th future.
A question please, what is your EOI points? did they select you or you still waiting?
hmlamie is offline  
Old May 17th 2012, 9:11 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by hmlamie View Post
By the way, i am egyptian too, and i completely understand what you said. The issue is that you have 2 ways, either to pay or to pass the IELTS exam. i am trying to find a way to you, but it is quiet difficult. From my point of view, it is not right to not include your wife in EOI as i told you, you will face some troubles when you try to include her in th future.
A question please, what is your EOI points? did they select you or you still waiting?
My points now are 110 but it should be 120 at the end of May(This month) since I will be having 6 years of experience in shortage skills list and Future growth area. I know that the selection on 2 May 2012 included those with 125 points. So, my points will be better when it becomes 120.

Regarding your quote
it is not right to not include your wife in EOI as i told you, you will face some troubles when you try to include her in th future
I know there is an application called "Residence Application for Family category", Do you know what will be difficult in such application in the future?

Last edited by wolfheart_2001; May 17th 2012 at 9:13 am.
wolfheart_2001 is offline  
Old May 18th 2012, 8:22 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 126
hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI Couple of question

Originally Posted by wolfheart_2001 View Post
My points now are 110 but it should be 120 at the end of May(This month) since I will be having 6 years of experience in shortage skills list and Future growth area. I know that the selection on 2 May 2012 included those with 125 points. So, my points will be better when it becomes 120.

Regarding your quote I know there is an application called "Residence Application for Family category", Do you know what will be difficult in such application in the future?
Unfortunately, no one can predict what will happen in the future. My personal opinion to include your wife in the application even if somebody will lend you the amount of ESOL.
By the way, Great to find a lot of egyptians decide to immigrate like New Zealand to start new life there.
hmlamie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.