EOI 110 points - HELP!

Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Julie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant future
Default EOI 110 points - HELP!

Hi
My partner and I would like to lodge an EOI - we have 110 points (on the quick points checker for skilled migrant on NZIS webiste) but we do not have any points in areas of shortages only in future growth areas. My partner is 28 and has a HNC in Graphic Design (gained in 2002) and 6 years experience working as a Graphic Designer. I am 24 and my parents and 2 brothers emmigrated to NZ in 2006, I work as a Nanny so think it is unlikely I can gain points for qualifications so we have chosen my to use my partners qualifiactions and experience as the basis for our application.
I have heard that is unlikely we are going to be selected from the pool unless my partner has a job offer please could anyone advise if we stand any chance of being successful if submitting an EOI in the very near future?
Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:07 pm
Ewan

ewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really niceewanainsworth is just really nice
Default Re: EOI 110 points - HELP!

Hi there, welcome to the forum. If you have 110 points without a job offer then thats good enough to be selected from the pool. It may not be selected straight away (over 140 points and job offers) but will be selected eventually. I think things are moving pretty quick just now with nzis. You could always submit your eoi and if your partner gets a job offer, you can add it on, this would mean you would have more than 140 points and you would be selected from the pool at the next selection date. Hope this helps and if I'm wrong, someone will be along to correct me. Cheers, Ewan.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:28 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Have you claimed the points for your family being in NZ.

Best of luck, people have been accepted with 110 points.

Pauline
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

we submitted our eoi before the last draw, with 125 points - future growth area not skills shortage... we expected to be in the pool for a while cos we haven't got a job offer, but we were selected on weds

first hurdle over! i say go for it... our plan b was that if we didn't get selected in four months, OH would head to NZ to secure job offer... course it might still come to that if we get sent back to the pool, but fingers crossed!!

good luck!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:07 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

You could always come over on a visitors visa, get a job then apply for a work visa, and/or PR. Plenty do it that way without knowing a soul in NZ and you've the benefit of family here. Or you could wait until someone in your family already here has PR for 3 years and they can sponsor you?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:02 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

We were accepted with 110 points and sent in our ITA 2 weeks ago.

Keep looking out for the postman and checking my emails every 5 minutes but no further news yet. Will soon have no nails left!!

Good luck!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Julie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant future

Thanks to everyone for their responses - has been a great help.
We had previously been told anyone with less than 140 point stood no chance but after looking again at the NZIS website it appeared that this had changed, I am still not convinced that at 110 points and with no points awarded for shortage areas or job offers we will be successful but after hearing from people in similar situations am lot more hopeful now.
We had planned on going to NZ on working holidays and then taking the skilled migrant route when my partner was offered a job or being sponsered by my parents but this also meant I had to find a job. We were worried about doign either of these as they don't offer much security and this way does feel alot safer...I will keep you posted on how it goes!!! Any advice would be great and well received, thanks again x
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:31 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

You might need to find a job for yourself anyway. It'll be hard surviving on one wage in the present climate
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Julie84
Thanks to everyone for their responses - has been a great help.
They're a good bunch Welcome to the forum and have some newbie karma to get you started.

Originally Posted by Julie84
We had previously been told anyone with less than 140 point stood no chance
Nah ! People with under 140 points are often picked fromthe pool. I usually try to put up the latest selection from the EOI pool at the top of this forum.

Here is the latest selection.

July 2nd 2008
• 454 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 140 or above;

• 109 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included points for offers of skilled employment
or current skilled employment in New Zealand.

• 47 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included 15 points for work experience in an
area of absolute skill shortage.

• 34 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included 10 points for work experience in an
area of absolute skill shortage.

• 52 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 100 or more but
less than 140, and included 10 points for a qualification in an area
of absolute skill shortage.

• 178 EOIs were selected that had a points total of 115 or more but
less than 140. These EOIs did not claim points for offers of skilled
employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand, work
experience in an area of absolute skill shortage or for a qualification
in an area of absolute skill shortage. These EOIs were ranked in
descending order of points.

As a result, 874 EOIs representing 2046 people were selected and will
now undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply
for residency will be issued.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 10th 2008 at 3:40 am. Reason: forgot the blummin' karma.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Whoops that wasn't worded very well, I meant for my parents to sponser me I had to secure a job and without being over there its near impossible. I will of course be looking for a job when I am out there but am hoping if we can submit an EOI and be successful its a lot easier and a lot less stress!

I am now abit worried that after re filling forms that we may only have 105 points without any points for any shortages of job offers etc...do you think we will still get selected? :O(
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Sqidworth is a jewel in the roughSqidworth is a jewel in the roughSqidworth is a jewel in the roughSqidworth is a jewel in the roughSqidworth is a jewel in the rough

i would give it a try.. we just got selected without job offers or on skilled shortage lists with 120 no probs.. and recd our ITA within 2 months... and already have medicals booked.. give it a go...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:31 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Family in NZ will put some weight behind it to, whenw e applied and got PRV my BIL and Girlfriend applied not long after us, and because you have to list rellies on your application then NZIS know you will have rellies to bale you out and not be a burden on NZ wellfare.

Also what with 22k Kiwis leaving for OZ every year, they are greatful for anyone i think, as long as your skills can be used and they know you will be of use to NZ and support yourselves then i would say just go for it, what a few pounds on a EOI ?? for a chance to live and see another country.

In that graphic design area, i recon Auckland, Welly or CHCH are the best options, try the NZ yellow pages and send e-mails to companies, most want you in the country, but you never know.

Nige, Dunedin since May 05