British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Does NZ House like to take a while??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/does-nz-house-like-take-while-510936/)

kato33 Feb 1st 2008 2:05 pm

Does NZ House like to take a while???

After submitting our temp visa paperwork by hand we were told that we should receive a call from them within 2 weeks.

Well its 2 weeks today and after emailing the lady involved we have been told that they have not made a decision yet:blink::confused:
Everything was in order and our meds and PC's were fine. I am starting to get worried as we have booked flights for Feb 19th. Now, before someone jumps down my throat and tells me I should not have booked them.....well I did.....but has anyone else had an email of such description only to be turned down?? :(

The stress this is causing me and the OH is immense. I NEED AN ANSWER NOW.....but really hope its the one I am looking for.

Any comments, please be gentle as I am all over the place at the mo.

Nici

littleal Feb 1st 2008 2:14 pm

Re: Does NZ House like to take a while???

Hi Nici

Have some karma because I know what you're going through. Have you got a named case officer? I phoned mine regularly and, as long as you keep polite, they won't mind. Say you're trying to understand the process and wanting to know what is causing the hold-up so you can provide extra information if necessary.

Good luck
Alison

kato33 Feb 1st 2008 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 5869664)
Hi Nici

Have some karma because I know what you're going through. Have you got a named case officer? I phoned mine regularly and, as long as you keep polite, they won't mind. Say you're trying to understand the process and wanting to know what is causing the hold-up so you can provide extra information if necessary.

Good luck
Alison

I can only email the case officer. I have not been given a phone number and when I do request one I get told to wait another week to hear from them.

I am soooooo frustrated.

gazzer15 Feb 1st 2008 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 5869625)
After submitting our temp visa paperwork by hand we were told that we should receive a call from them within 2 weeks.

Well its 2 weeks today and after emailing the lady involved we have been told that they have not made a decision yet:blink::confused:
Everything was in order and our meds and PC's were fine. I am starting to get worried as we have booked flights for Feb 19th. Now, before someone jumps down my throat and tells me I should not have booked them.....well I did.....but has anyone else had an email of such description only to be turned down?? :(

The stress this is causing me and the OH is immense. I NEED AN ANSWER NOW.....but really hope its the one I am looking for.

Any comments, please be gentle as I am all over the place at the mo.

Nici

Karma from us too Nici.

Anyway that the employer in NZ can contact NZ house to nudge them for you?

Good luck guys, Im sure it'll all come together very soon.

Lyn & Garry

kato33 Feb 5th 2008 11:03 am

Got told yesterday that we haven't even been assigned a case officer :confused:

We had been though.....until I rang her yesterday and she is now on leave till 18th Feb, the day beofre we are due to fly.:(

Spoke to a guy today asking him if he thinks we should cancel flights and he said he will get back to me. Don't look promising.

tommytucker1975 Feb 5th 2008 1:06 pm

We are in a similar situation had our forms in for a while and now its gone to another officer for a peer review and that a formal letter will be sent out with their final decision. Its really annoying wife has had job offer since October and needs to be starting next month and our flights are booked for 2nd March, they were quick to take our money off us though!!!

P2L Feb 6th 2008 8:03 am

Originally Posted by tommytucker1975 (Post 5888297)
We are in a similar situation had our forms in for a while and now its gone to another officer for a peer review and that a formal letter will be sent out with their final decision. Its really annoying wife has had job offer since October and needs to be starting next month and our flights are booked for 2nd March, they were quick to take our money off us though!!!

Ours was passed over for a review,so don't worry too much about that; it's just someone checking that the first person has made the right decision (hopefully in your favour) I seem to remember being told that our review would take 2 weeks. Once a decision is made things get turned around really quickly ;)

kato33 Feb 8th 2008 8:30 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5892839)
Ours was passed over for a review,so don't worry too much about that; it's just someone checking that the first person has made the right decision (hopefully in your favour) I seem to remember being told that our review would take 2 weeks. Once a decision is made things get turned around really quickly ;)

GOT IT............Ready to collect. YAY