Does NZ House like to take a while???

Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does NZ House like to take a while???

After submitting our temp visa paperwork by hand we were told that we should receive a call from them within 2 weeks.

Well its 2 weeks today and after emailing the lady involved we have been told that they have not made a decision yet
Everything was in order and our meds and PC's were fine. I am starting to get worried as we have booked flights for Feb 19th. Now, before someone jumps down my throat and tells me I should not have booked them.....well I did.....but has anyone else had an email of such description only to be turned down??

The stress this is causing me and the OH is immense. I NEED AN ANSWER NOW.....but really hope its the one I am looking for.

Any comments, please be gentle as I am all over the place at the mo.

Nici
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Does NZ House like to take a while???

Hi Nici

Have some karma because I know what you're going through. Have you got a named case officer? I phoned mine regularly and, as long as you keep polite, they won't mind. Say you're trying to understand the process and wanting to know what is causing the hold-up so you can provide extra information if necessary.

Good luck
Alison
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal View Post
Hi Nici

Have some karma because I know what you're going through. Have you got a named case officer? I phoned mine regularly and, as long as you keep polite, they won't mind. Say you're trying to understand the process and wanting to know what is causing the hold-up so you can provide extra information if necessary.

Good luck
Alison
I can only email the case officer. I have not been given a phone number and when I do request one I get told to wait another week to hear from them.

I am soooooo frustrated.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kato33 View Post
After submitting our temp visa paperwork by hand we were told that we should receive a call from them within 2 weeks.

Well its 2 weeks today and after emailing the lady involved we have been told that they have not made a decision yet
Everything was in order and our meds and PC's were fine. I am starting to get worried as we have booked flights for Feb 19th. Now, before someone jumps down my throat and tells me I should not have booked them.....well I did.....but has anyone else had an email of such description only to be turned down??

The stress this is causing me and the OH is immense. I NEED AN ANSWER NOW.....but really hope its the one I am looking for.

Any comments, please be gentle as I am all over the place at the mo.

Nici
Karma from us too Nici.

Anyway that the employer in NZ can contact NZ house to nudge them for you?

Good luck guys, Im sure it'll all come together very soon.

Lyn & Garry
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Got told yesterday that we haven't even been assigned a case officer

We had been though.....until I rang her yesterday and she is now on leave till 18th Feb, the day beofre we are due to fly.

Spoke to a guy today asking him if he thinks we should cancel flights and he said he will get back to me. Don't look promising.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

tommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the rough

We are in a similar situation had our forms in for a while and now its gone to another officer for a peer review and that a formal letter will be sent out with their final decision. Its really annoying wife has had job offer since October and needs to be starting next month and our flights are booked for 2nd March, they were quick to take our money off us though!!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommytucker1975 View Post
We are in a similar situation had our forms in for a while and now its gone to another officer for a peer review and that a formal letter will be sent out with their final decision. Its really annoying wife has had job offer since October and needs to be starting next month and our flights are booked for 2nd March, they were quick to take our money off us though!!!
Ours was passed over for a review,so don't worry too much about that; it's just someone checking that the first person has made the right decision (hopefully in your favour) I seem to remember being told that our review would take 2 weeks. Once a decision is made things get turned around really quickly
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
Ours was passed over for a review,so don't worry too much about that; it's just someone checking that the first person has made the right decision (hopefully in your favour) I seem to remember being told that our review would take 2 weeks. Once a decision is made things get turned around really quickly
GOT IT............Ready to collect. YAY