Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Does Job offers for people with experience exist?

Does Job offers for people with experience exist?

Old Sep 29th 2016, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

halfpint14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does Job offers for people with experience exist?

Hi just a question,
I am trying to move to NZ and I have 14yrs ICT experience but no Degree qualification and have applied for quite a few jobs but not heard anything back. I was just wondering if job offers for people like me do happen? can anyone answer if its happened to them.

thanks

Halfpint14

Last edited by halfpint14; Sep 29th 2016 at 3:15 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 6:53 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Job offers for people with experience exist?

Hi and welcome to our little piece of BE.

Its very hard to gain a job offer with not being in the country.Lack of degree will be no problem, just means you can't claim points. Lots of first interviews are done over a coffee for smaller firms and larger firms hire job agencies to go through the CV's before submitting the ones they fill would be suitable for the position. So boots on the ground for IT stuff is generally the only way to go.
If you are under 30 you could apply for a working holiday visa and see how you go and it will enable you to move around and see where fits for you. On this visa you can only work 12mths but can gain a visa for upto 23mths. If you gain a full time offer of work from an appropriate company with an appropriate job offer you can then apply for a more permanent visa.
Or you could chance coming over on a visitors visa and see if you can again obtain an appropriate job offer.