Doctors: How Many Points Is MRCP Worth?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:30 am
Just Joined

KatherineR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doctors: How Many Points Is MRCP Worth?

Filling in our Skilled Worker EOIs and it's not clear how many points MRCP is worth. It's not on the recognised qualifications list, but we can tick the box to say it's recognised by an occupational registration body (NZ Medical Council).

Would rather claim the extra points over the basic MBBS if possible!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:44 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctors: How Many Points Is MRCP Worth?

I don't think there are any doctors on here who can help. At least there are none that immediately spring to mind.
I don't think I can help. I presume if it isn't on the recognised list then it may have to be assessed.
Do you need the extra 5 points this would allow you to claim for? What is your points score just using your MBBS and is that enough to get you selected? Being on the LTSSL will help you get selected anyway.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:16 am
Just Joined

KatherineR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctors: How Many Points Is MRCP Worth?

Have actually re-done it, we don't need the extra 5 points.

Only certain medical specialities are on the LTSSR; NZ seems very honest about their skills shortages!