Damsel in distress.....confused

Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice
Default Damsel in distress.....confused

Oh my,

l've been reading the forums re the issues of visiting NZ and the fact that we could have problems with being let in to visit.
My question is,...hubby and l want to go over look around, at houses at the employment out there ...a rekkie really prior to us actually moving out there. Has anyone any advice for us ...would be much appreciated...
Thank you in advance

xxElainexx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damsel in distress.....confused

This recent thread should help. If you haven't sent in an EOI, then you have absolutely no concerns anyway, you are just going on holiday.

A word of caution though: we went over for my job interview this year, and were heavily interrogated on arrival as the tickets were only bought 2 weeks previously. The immigration authorities thought that holiday makers usually book well in advance. We had not even submitted an EOI at that point - in fact I didn't even know what one was
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:05 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Oh my,

l've been reading the forums re the issues of visiting NZ and the fact that we could have problems with being let in to visit.
My question is,...hubby and l want to go over look around, at houses at the employment out there ...a rekkie really prior to us actually moving out there. Has anyone any advice for us ...would be much appreciated...
Thank you in advance

xxElainexx
Elaine...

You should read the thread till the end... We have an concentration issue in the class...

Beware of Headmasters Am Loolah & BEVS will give you detention....

Bottom line is:
-If you book a return ticket
-Can proove you still own/rent a property
-Can proove you still have a job to go back to
-If you do not carry 20 thousand kilos of bags

Then, there are no apparent reasons you would not get in...

Might be worth mentioning that in any case you are not guaranteed to be let in any country until the immigration officers at borders are satisfied and stamp your passport.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

When I went out last October I had a huge list of schools, principals names, references from my school and a completed application form in my suitcase. Just said I was on holiday. No-one questioned it, tickets had been bought about 8 weeks before and it was my 5th visit.
Do we actually know of anyone prevented from entering??
Good luck
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matewx
Elaine...

You should read the thread till the end... We have an concentration issue in the class...

Beware of Headmasters Am Loolah & BEVS will give you detention....

Bottom line is:
-If you book a return ticket
-Can proove you still own/rent a property
-Can proove you still have a job to go back to
-If you do not carry 20 thousand kilos of bags

Then, there are no apparent reasons you would not get in...

Might be worth mentioning that in any case you are not guaranteed to be let in any country until the immigration officers at borders are satisfied and stamp your passport.
Hi to you,
A big thank you to you and to all those of you who've taken the time to reply bless...it all helps...

Yes am trying to keep up with the threads too am a newbie at all this please be patient with lil old moi

Thanks again

xxElainexx
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:04 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Yes am trying to keep up with the threads too am a newbie at all this please be patient with lil old moi
Ok...

I will put a note in my diary, just make sure it doesnt happen again in the future...

Oh! and stop stressing, if you're genuine and have nothing to hide or not doing anything unlawful then you'll be just fine!!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Matewx
Ok...

I will put a note in my diary, just make sure it doesnt happen again in the future...

Oh! and stop stressing, if you're genuine and have nothing to hide or not doing anything unlawful then you'll be just fine!!
Again thank you....

xxElainexx