Correct Visa understanding

Old Apr 18th 2017, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

neilyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Correct Visa understanding

Hi all,

In the process of pursuing a very good job and the company is making all the right noises so fingers xd . We've (me, wife and 11 and 7 yo) been looking at visas. I reckon I will be applying for a Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa for 2.5 years with a view to turning it in to residence.

The wife possibly wants to work so we will look to apply for a work visa (partner of a worker). Has anyone had experience of applying for one of these? She won't have a job offer but she might want to look for one - is this the correct visa?

For the kids, it looks like I have to apply for a student visa to ensure they can attend primary and secondary school - again have I read this correct?

Appreciate this is not an immigration advice forum, just want to see if anyone has gone down a similar route.

thanks in advance

Neil
Old Apr 18th 2017, 4:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Correct Visa understanding

Originally Posted by neilyboy
Appreciate this is not an immigration advice forum
Where you posted the thread isn't, but I've moved it to a place that is.

Good luck.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 10:01 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep all good. You apply at the same time for all visas. Where is the job offer ? And what does your wife do.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by neilyboy
Hi all,

In the process of pursuing a very good job and the company is making all the right noises so fingers xd . We've (me, wife and 11 and 7 yo) been looking at visas. I reckon I will be applying for a Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa for 2.5 years with a view to turning it in to residence.
If that fits the bill then yes. The work to residence visa is a form of temp work visa , so if you have the points and the money I would suggest that once you are here and working you consider applying for NZ residency under the skilled migrant policy .If your occupation is considered skilled of course. It covers you in case of any changes .

The wife possibly wants to work so we will look to apply for a work visa (partner of a worker). Has anyone had experience of applying for one of these? She won't have a job offer but she might want to look for one - is this the correct visa?
Yes. It will be under the family stream and on the back of your application. She doesn't need a job offer as her work visa will be open.

For the kids, it looks like I have to apply for a student visa to ensure they can attend primary and secondary school - again have I read this correct?
Yes. Student visas for the pair of them.

As MrsF points out, submit all the applications together as a family unit. Makes the Immy officer's life easier.

Appreciate this is not an immigration advice forum, just want to see if anyone has gone down a similar route.
Oompa moved your topic into the right Immy area. Most all of the BE community is happy to share their knowledge and experiences of emigrating & that includes the form filling .

Welcome to BE.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Yep all good. You apply at the same time for all visas. Where is the job offer ? And what does your wife do.

Thanks MrsFychan, the job offer we are hoping for is just outside Christchurch. My wife is an Occupational Therapist (by trade but not currently practising), she manages the service. She might want to explore other avenues rather than stay doing that
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have just realised that you have looked to NZ before. A warm welcome back.

One of my pals is an OT up here in the Nelson region. Must be a very rewarding job.

Anyway, looks like you are all set again. I'm sure you know the drill.

Christchurch and surrounds is up coming after the quake times.

Anyway. Any thoughts or queries , give us all a shoult.

Hope to read you arriving into NZ in the future.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS

Hope to read you arriving into NZ in the future.
Thanks and so do we!!!!:fingerscros sed::fingerscrosse d: