Condition on WTR visa on back of SMC

Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Krish2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Condition on WTR visa on back of SMC

Hello,

Just received WTR on back of SMC & need help with a few questions :

1. Condition on the visa :
a."Outward Passage waived" - What does this mean ?
b. "The holder may work as any occupation for any employer in New Zealand"-Does this literally mean I can work in any legal job for 3 months and get a PR or does it still have to be a skilled job in the corporate world (I am a Chartered accountant)

2. The WTR visa is single entry and my case officer has advised I apply for multiple entry visa upon validating the WTR in NZ. How do I go abount doing this-Is there a form or supporting documents that I'll need ?

I will be very grateful if you can share your thoughts and give suggestions

Regards, Krish
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:35 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condition on WTR visa on back of SMC

Hi Krish and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here.

I can't answer your question directly I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Hello folks,

Can you please help me / offer thoughts on this.

I'll be very grateful.

Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2010, 2:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Krish2008
Hello,

Just received WTR on back of SMC & need help with a few questions :

1. Condition on the visa :
a."Outward Passage waived" - What does this mean ?
It means you need only buy a one way air ticket instead of a return .However, I believe that you do need to show that you have funds to
1 - support yourself in NZ
2 - buy an onward ticket to leave NZ if needs be.

b. "The holder may work as any occupation for any employer in New Zealand"-Does this literally mean I can work in any legal job for 3 months and get a PR or does it still have to be a skilled job in the corporate world (I am a Chartered accountant)
If you are looking to apply for PR then it would be best that you find work within your skilled occupation. The visa is to give you the opportunity to find ongoing skilled work in NZ

You have 3 months to enter NZ to activate the permit. After that you may stay for 9 months. That gives you 9 months to find permanent employment.

2. The WTR visa is single entry and my case officer has advised I apply for multiple entry visa upon validating the WTR in NZ. How do I go about doing this-Is there a form or supporting documents that I'll need ?
If you intend to leave NZ before obtaining PR (which comes with a 2 year returning residents visa), then you will need to apply for a multiple entry visa to ensure you can re-enter the country.

Originally Posted by NZIS
Before you leave New Zealand you need to check that your Work Permit is a multiple journey permit. A multiple journey permit allows you to leave New Zealand and return without making any further arrangements. If you were instead granted a single entry permit, you need to apply to us to change this to a multiple journey permit. A single entry permit allows you to enter New Zealand only once – that is, when you first arrived. Please allow enough time to apply to change to a multiple entry permit before you leave.
Sorry. I can't find a form for this. Ask your case officer to send you the relevant paperwork

Originally Posted by NZIS
WR6 Work to Residence (Skilled Migrant Category) Policy
  1. Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) who have been assessed by a visa or immigration officer as having demonstrated they can realise their potential to successfully settle in and contribute to New Zealand, may be issued and/or granted a work visa and/or permit for the purpose of obtaining an offer of ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand.
  2. Principal applicants may be issued and/or granted a work visa and/or permit allowing a stay in New Zealand of nine months (refer WR6.5) if the requirements set out at WR6 (c), (d), (e) and (f) below are met.
  3. An application for a work visa and/or permit must be made within three months of the date of the letter from INZ advising that the principal applicant may be eligible for the issue or grant of that work visa or permit.
  4. Applicants must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and any accompanying family members for a period of at least three months in New Zealand, that is,
    1. (if they have pre paid accommodation), a sum of NZ$400 per person, per month; and
    2. (if they do not have pre paid accommodation) a sum of NZ$1,000 per person per month.
  5. Applicants must also provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand for themselves and any accompanying family members.
  6. Work visas and/or permits issued and/or granted under this policy will allow work for any employer in New Zealand.

I will be very grateful if you can share your thoughts and give suggestions

Regards, Krish[/quote]
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Hello,

I have a skilled job offer from a NZ company. The role involves setting up branches in Asia and will involve a lot of travelling in the first 6 months.

If my payroll is in NZ and I pay taxes/pension in NZ, would this role be sufficient to get a PR at the end of 3 months

I am trying to determine if an official NZ job / salary will suffice or do I physically have to be in NZ for 3 months before I can apply for PR

I know it's an unusual situation but it's a chicken and egg- between taking up a job offer and PR.

Any insight would be very appreciated

Thx