Chemist. Any chances?

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Esperic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chemist. Any chances?

Hi everyone! I am chemist with 10 years experience. Now I have engaged in management of our lab for 2 years. Do I have any chances with out masters or doctoral degree?
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 6:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Chemist. Any chances?

How have you become a chemist without formal qualification ?

If you have formal qualifications, what are they please?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 9:43 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a bachelor of science in chemistry?

Chemist [including analytical chemist] is on the Immediate Skill Shortage List [ISSL]ISSL Chemist

This would enable you to gain a temporary work visa only. The required standard with a job offer is 'Bachelor of Science (major in Chemistry) AND minimum of two years experience in an analytical laboratory'. If you fit these criteria then an employer could offer you a job without having to fulfill further conditions [dependent on area]
Are you wanting residency? That would be a different visa and goes on points gained through qualifications, age, work experience and various other factors.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Esperic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
First of, let me thank you all for your replies!
I have a formal education in chemistry- bachelors degree in science (major in analytical chemistry).
I am 35 years old and seeking a permanent residency. Therefore, I am trying to match my degree and working experience (analitical chemistry) with an occupation in long-term list.
My working experience has been gained in a not recognized job market.
So, my only option is to look for a potential employer, in order to secure a job offer, and gain residency through a temporary visa?