Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Changing work visa/permit whilst still pending

Changing work visa/permit whilst still pending

Old May 15th 2012, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Laura_Jayne_M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing work visa/permit whilst still pending

Hi

Would anyone know if it is possible to change a temporary work permit/visa whilst it is "pending"? I have an 11 month visa pending but I'm thinking I want to change it to a longer temp one - do you reckon if I send a medical certificate and police certificate down to them with the ref number, they could change the visa?

Thanks for any help,
Laura
Old May 16th 2012, 12:40 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing work visa/permit whilst still pending

I don't know the answer but would suggest contacting NZIS and asking them directly. They may require extra information from your employer as well
Old May 16th 2012, 12:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Changing work visa/permit whilst still pending

Originally Posted by Laura_Jayne_M
Hi

Would anyone know if it is possible to change a temporary work permit/visa whilst it is "pending"? I have an 11 month visa pending but I'm thinking I want to change it to a longer temp one - do you reckon if I send a medical certificate and police certificate down to them with the ref number, they could change the visa?

Thanks for any help,
Laura
From past posts, you elected for an 11 month visa because of possible medical issues.
What did you send by way of employment contract as normally the length of a visa matches length of employment contract.