Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Changing visa from Holiday visa to Work Permit

Changing visa from Holiday visa to Work Permit

Old May 10th 2007, 6:50 am
Just Joined

nigeell will become famous soon enough
Default Changing visa from Holiday visa to Work Permit

Hi

Does anybody have any advice or experience as to how easy it is to change from a Working holiday visa to a Work visa...

I have a friend who has been in NZ for 10 months on a working visa and she wishes to stay - she is currently working as a temp in Administration and Secretarial roles - but wants to stay here.

How does she go about getting a work visa to allow her to stay? And more importantly is it easy to swap over...

Anybodies advice would be appreciated...
Old May 10th 2007, 11:02 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Changing visa from Holiday visa to Work Permit

Can do, but... the job has to be one where the employer cannot find any local Kiwi. The employer needs to show evidence such as adverts in the paper. The prospective employee must also demonstrate that he/she is uniquely qualified for the position. Mind you, it doesn't have to be some high-falutin' techie or scientific job or that you are the new number 7 for the Warriors. My wife who is a sewing machinist was the main applicant last time we did our work permits in July 2005.