Bringing an infant on a work permit

Old May 14th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default Bringing an infant on a work permit

HI me again, with yet another question.

I have been busy printing forms, buying lost certificates and contacting old employers for references. I have just glanced through the student application visa for the kids and I can see why I need to fill one out for Ri she's 6 and will be going to school, but what about Aimee, she will eventually be going to school, but not during the course of the permit. (We'll be applying for residency when we get there)

Is that still the right form to fill out for her she's 2, I know someone on here has doen the same

Thanking you

Denise
Old May 14th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bringing an infant on a work permit

Ok update,

I'm going to apply for a work visa for the period 6-12 months to avoid the medical and police checks at this stage cos that will delay things further.

I think I need to get a visitor visa for the baby. I think I can also put hubby on a visitor visa as he will not be working straight away and so I can put them on the same form.

I was assuming that if we all have visas we don't need a return ticket, just demonstrate that you have the funds to leave and will do so before permit expires or make a further application.

Am I right?
Old May 14th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nisey
Ok update,

I'm going to apply for a work visa for the period 6-12 months to avoid the medical and police checks at this stage cos that will delay things further.

I think I need to get a visitor visa for the baby. I think I can also put hubby on a visitor visa as he will not be working straight away and so I can put them on the same form.

I was assuming that if we all have visas we don't need a return ticket, just demonstrate that you have the funds to leave and will do so before permit expires or make a further application.

Am I right?
Yes you are right...but why not let hubby have a work visa, it only takes the same amount of time.

We got hubby a work visa as a HGV driver, me a work visa based on family stream (as hubby had a work visa I could have one to) and daughter a student visa. Took the completed applications into the London office on the Monday and they arrived back to us on the Friday! Then at least hubby has the option to work without having to apply to change his visa over here.
Debbie
Old May 14th 2007, 11:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nisey
Ok update,

Am I right?
Your husband will get a work permit as well. It will say and I quote, 'Outward passage waived. The holder may work as any occupation for any employer in New Zealand'. It's easy enough to explain to NZIS that you have a one year work visa and airlines can only book eleven months in advance. They know this and will waive the return ticket. At least it has worked three times for me. I think for your youngest she to could be on a student permit even if she doesn't attend school.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I rang the NZIS office in London, can't believe I got through.

I need a visitor visa for baby and work visa for hubby through the family stream. If I am going to apply for a visa up to 12 months then the form from the employer must say the role is for 12 months. If they don't then I will have to get the medicals and police checks done, so its in their interests to do so as they want me to start end July. mid august. And I don't need to demonstrate return flights.

All the paperwork is ordered and on the way.......ye ha
Old May 15th 2007, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well done Nisey. Looks like you're on your way.