Bonus points for a Partner

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:17 am
Just Joined

rafay.india is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Bonus points for a Partner

I'm looking to claim bonus points for a partner qualification. I'm getting marry in first week of March. Just curious to know whether I can claim '10 points' for partner qualification?

I just read about a clause in SM17.5 (b - iii)

"an immigration officer is satisfied that the principal applicant and their partner have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable (see F2.10.1) and otherwise meets Partnership instructions (see F2.15)."

Any help in this regard.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:03 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus points for a Partner

you need to prove that you have been living as a couple, so joint bills, bank accounts, official letters to each of you at the same address. joint mortgage/rental agreements. anything that shows you are a couple and have joint responsibility for things
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the photographs - we had to send some!!! and we've been married 12 years.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:55 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes we sent in holiday bookings/receipts/photo's, skype messages, msn messages, invitations to other peoples events.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:59 am
Just Joined

rafay.india is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Bonus points for a Partner

thanks for the reply folks,

I can prove:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Joint bills (I can add her to my telephone bill, will this work?).
3. Bank A/c ( I can add her to my Bank a/c as a joint-holder).
4. Official letters (you mean Bank statement? Or passport address? She is
not working, so no official letter from any1).
5. I will be apply for a fresh copy of passports for one each of us as
soon I get a marriage certificate. I guess this will serve the purpose.
6. Ofcourse, few photographs.

Any other thing from the above list would you like to suggest.

Last edited by rafay.india; Jan 22nd 2013 at 9:01 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:52 pm

they need to cover a year's worth of living, so adding now will mean you will probably have to wait until this time next year to get it as evidence. (?) send in what you have if it's not sufficient they will let you know